Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember the PHX CL guitar with the "r" logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the PHX CL guitar with the "r" logo?

I can't find the thread but I had seen the guitar on PHX Craigslist for a while and someone posted about it here too. Nobody could figure out what it was.. It was a neckthrough, multi layer (dark and light woods), guitar with what looked like a "r" for a headstock logo. I'm looking at taking an amp building class and ran across this guy.. http://www.reuterguitars.com/mainsite/jerrycaster.htm The guitar had a look that could be his style. And the Reuters could be the "r"?? Anyone remember the guitar?
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Vaguely.
    First reaction was BC Rich just from the "R", but it wasn't.

Congrats on the amp class, keep us updated!

I ought to do that myself.

Comment

I remember the guitar a fair bit, bit I don't recall it having an eagle on the headstock.

Comment

Yeah, the logo was just a lower case r. It just reminds me of this Reuters style. Only one I've ever seen similar..

Comment

Cyg - I just started looking at classes tonight. Slim Pickens on the classes specifically directed at guitar amps. Probably going to Roberto-Venn here in Phoenix but waiting to find out when the class starts up again and if there's open spots.. I thought of your amps when I was deciding what I wanted to learn. Guitar building class is too much $$ for me as just an interest. I figure after I do this class, I'll sleep in my truck outside sully's house till he lets me in to sweep his garage floor..

Comment

Sleeping in the truck would be worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
              I'll sleep in my truck outside sully's house till he lets me in to sweep his garage floor..
              Where the hell are ya? The garage needs some serious organization work!

Friend of mine went to R-V for guitar, but didn't speak super highly of it; he wanted to learn more about neckthrus and newer techniques, but they're more along the old style. Which is fine. I know that Neal Moser does classes and is in Arizona now, here's a link: http://www.nealmoserguitars.com/inde...index&cPath=74
              Mike Learn has also offered building classes. If I were to go to a building related school/seminar, (and I'd love to, personally), I'd go to Mike's or Neal's.

Sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Moser wouldn't work.. Prescott's no good as I still need to work everyday and it's a 2 hour drive. The 4 week class coming out in the end with a NT guitar I built is pretty cool. But I don't care who it is, I'm not paying $2k to watch someone build a guitar (the 2 week seminar)..

I think I'm stuck on the amp class as of now. And R-V seems like the only game in town as far as I've seen..

Comment

Aaaaaaaannnddddd..... It's back.. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/msg/3072407566.html

Comment

I had a go at it numerous times. The lowest he'd go was $350 and you guys all talked me out of it. Loooks like thats the guy man, right in the area too. how did you run across the site?????

The guitar is quite beat up, big crack in the body, extra holes drilled, AND had the bridge replaced and wholes filled. Plus, who in the hell puts actives in such a quality-wood instrument???? LOL
                    Last edited by DeathThrashAttack; 06-17-2012, 04:11 PM.
                    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

With that said, i'd buy it for $250-275, but not any more.
                      "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

I ran across the site checking out the Roberto-Venn school. He's one of the instructors there and had a link in his bio. I definitely see similarities in the style. I'll probably e-mail him and ask for the hell of it.

Comment

I would.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Working...
                          X