Considering this ESP m-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering this ESP m-1

This guy has been on the bay for awhile...l and I've had my eye on it for some time... To be honest I'm shocked it hasn't sold. It seems reasonably priced. If my crossed swords ends up selling I may consider picking it up if I can't find the right LP custom. Ive never been into tiger finishes except white bengal ones...What do you guys think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-George-L...#ht_1268wt_922

Looks cool. Don't know much about that model but I will say that unless you've played a U shaped neck, it can take some getting used to. Also seems unusual that the SD Screamin' Demon is covered...
    Good luck!

Comment

Yes I have been thinking about those things as well.... Also strange that he lists it as having an OFR but it is clearly an ESP Sinclair trem

Comment

Like that headstock too.
        He probably doesn't know the difference in an OFR and a Sinclair trem.
        Nice shape overall a bit steep asking price $1000 is what I would offer.
        I don't think you could sell it for much more in today's market
        Last edited by straycat; 06-06-2012, 08:13 PM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm going to consider offering him $1000... It's been on there for over 6 months

Comment

yeah if it had a good price I would've bought it myself.lol

Comment

I like it a lot. Is that really a Lynch sig model though? It just looks like a "Lynchy" M1 Bengal (but I don't know these that well so who knows). The mismatched hardware might be of concern as far as originality goes (again, who knows).

Comment

Hell I missed that Axe good point.Price goes down after seeing that.
                Covered pick up, mismatched hardware who knows what else has been messed with.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I recently picked up an M1 Custom. While its very well built and a really nice guitar, those necks sure are fat feeling. Im not sure why these are so poopular........

Comment

Good to know... I'd love to have this m1 with a nice San dimas neck instead.

Comment

I'm a little suspicious if that neck was originally with that guitar. Aren't M-1's a single hum? M-II's have 2 pickups and Mirage had 3. At least that's what I thought.

Comment

I would call ESP to verify it. It does not look right to me. Just to let you know you can not get parts for the esp bridge and a floyd rose will not fit in the cavity.

Comment

thats a very odd guitar. the original m1's had a straight pull headstock, the ugly fendery one. the M1 bolt ons were strat shaped the M1 custom (neckthru) was a soloist shape with the huge bevel on the treble horn. Mirages (first ones) were dinky/soloist shaped. back in the day, standard was a bolton, deluxe was a bolton with nicer options, custom was a neckthru with the same options as the deluxe, hence the mirage, mirage deluxe and mirage custom. M2s were i believe what mirages became & then the body got rounded an slimmed down, tho it could be the opposite way (its been a long time). Ive had early m1's and to me they all sound thin and very trebly/mid range heavy, basswood body? i don't know, all i know is Ive never gotten a good tone out of one EVER. IIRC the M1's all had V-trems unless it was custom ordered or the Lynch m1 tiger. those old ESP neck are bigger than jackson pointy necks, and IIRC about the same as a charvel promods, its been a while since i got rid of my ESPs.

Comment

Yeah thanks for the info guys. This is pretty much a deal breaker. Seems like there are way to many unconvieniences with this ESP

Comment

I agree with the oddness of this guitar. I used to have an M-1 deluxe w/reverse headstock but it was a 1 hum. The body with the Sinclair trem would be around 1987, and that case with the foam cutout shape (I currently have a late 80's ESP with that case) would be from that timeframe. So could be a mutt, ie non- original to each other body & neck. By the way, other than a tiger style paint, there is nothing about this that is a 'George Lynch' signature model. I have a M1 Tiger and 3 Kamazaki's.

Comment

Working...
                              X