Roundhorn Rhoads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mccullpl View Post
    The red shorts and black socks is a pretty good look! lol!
    You can't be metal with white socks

Comment

Im with markD on this one. That design looks hideous to me. The reverse offset versions look bad too. As for the band look, well all I have to say is no one better make fun of my beloved hair metal bands from the 80's. These guys must be who Gene Simmons was referring to when he said "you're a rock star, dress like it. We can't tell you from the audience"
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Wow tough crowd! Hopefully their real crowd was more forgiving.

Comment

Would Jackson round that V?
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

why would you want them to? this thread gives empirical evidence that short horn Vs look stupid rounded off....unless you are a midget. i mean look at the taco bell employee band. that fat turd looks like a doofus and his guitar is ugly.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Anyway, that dude doesen't even play that guitar live anymore. Also, they have Ryan Knight in the band now. Ryan Knight > You. Just sayin'·

Comment

Originally posted by Iivari View Post
                Anyway, that dude doesen't even play that guitar live anymore. Also, they have Ryan Knight in the band now. Ryan Knight > You. Just sayin'·
                Pretty much well what I Was going to say. I saw BDM about 3 years ago and buddy wasn't using the Roundhorn ESP.

Comment

Originally posted by Iivari View Post
                  Ryan Knight > You. Just sayin'·
                  how do you know that??? he may be good at what HE does - maybe i don't play that way. i am rather exceptional at i DO play - blues based, southern hard rock. he'd probably suffer equally as much as me if he and i were to have a showdown. so...

NAH!!
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                    why would you want them to? this thread gives empirical evidence that short horn Vs look stupid rounded off....unless you are a midget. i mean look at the taco bell employee band. that fat turd looks like a doofus and his guitar is ugly.
                    Well its hard to argue that point. I was just asking in a more hypothetical situation. I mean I understand the "gentlemen's agreement" thing with the king V" but there is really no precedence with this. Right?
                    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

The whole appeal of the Rhoads/King V models was that they sharpened the horns. Looks much better to me than the conventional rounded Flying V shape. So, by rounding them it takes away most of the appeal for me.

Plus, as mentioned, that band looks ridiculous dude. ;p

Comment

Gotta agree. They look more like The Double Cheeseburger Murder. I'll check them out on YouTube, perhaps they can play...
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I've got their first album, Unhallowed, and I like it a lot. They can play, even though they look like your average fast-food worker and not rockstars!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

All who agree that this band looks like a bunch retards that work a taco bell say "I". Thats everybody! Case closed.

I think the rounded Carvin v doesn't look too bad.
                            Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                            Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Those guys are a band? For real? Someone should hook them up with some heroin or something.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Cookie Monster vocals killed it for me.
                                If I can't understand the lyrics I don't bother with it.
                                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X