USA Peavey G90...any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Peavey G90...any good?

Hi all...I have a lead on a Peavey G90 (Made in USA), but I can't really find any info about them. Are they any good? It looks like it's a H-S-S with Floyd setup, but I don't know if there are also H-H configurations, or what the pickups are. How is the trem? Is it 22 or 24 frets? What would it be worth (assuming good condition?) Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

never heard of it. did you try peavey's web site? or a google search?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah...I've googled it, and find only forum threads. The guys on the Kramer forum seem to love it, but I'd like more info. Apparently it was made in the early 90's in the US, and it's solidly made, but that's about all I know!

Comment

I had one. 24 frets, bound rosewood, hot pickups, very light body. They are good guitars but worthless because of the name. Build quality is abit spotty, but they play pretty decent..........

Comment

Like Accept2 said, they aren't worth anything, but they do play nice. A good friend of mine had one until it was stolen, and he was really bummed out. Made in USA.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

The USA Peavey guitars are very well made but no resale value so a great bargain guitar.
            One thing I have found on all the USA ones I have had the pick ups are fantastic.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I got a usa tracer. paid 75 for it and it was my number one till i got a jackson. i still play ut a ton tho. hss, floyd, suprstrat, with a more J/C style headstock as opposed to the crazy large droopy one. that thing looks like they tried to mate a kramer banana with a 70s strat. fugly. so thank god i got the usa. but anyway, back on topic, us peaveys are very nuce guitars. esp the 80s into the early 90s. my uncle had an impact firenza that was extremely nice and played great,but it may have been an import. still, the imports are major hit/miss/miss/miss/miss/almost hit/hit.
              Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Cool...thanks for the info, guys! I'm going to pull the trigger and get this thing. It needs to be refinished, but the neck/frets and trem look great, so I think it will be a solid player.

Comment

if you wanna tackle the refin yourself check out the guide to refinishing I posted

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/128...to-refinishing
                  Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

there's this too, just for fun...

http://www.peavey.com/assets/literat...s/80301316.pdf
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about the H/S/S as opposed to an H/H. A lil wiring work can easilly turn the S/S into an H. Maybe you can't swap in just any ole H but with some careful consideration before buying I'm sure you can find some pups that will give you a sound you're happy with.
                      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

the g90s, tracers, and nitros are all good usa made guitars. the trems on those are kahlers (although i'm not sure if all models came with kahlers). they have no resale value but don't let that deter you from buying one. if you can actually play it, have it in your hands to try one out, then you'll be able to tell the quality.

my only beef with them is the large body shape and the kahlers, which i don't like (even tho they're smoother).

Comment

Originally posted by moku View Post
                          the g90s, tracers, and nitros are all good usa made guitars. the trems on those are kahlers (although i'm not sure if all models came with kahlers). they have no resale value but don't let that deter you from buying one. if you can actually play it, have it in your hands to try one out, then you'll be able to tell the quality.

my only beef with them is the large body shape and the kahlers, which i don't like (even tho they're smoother).
                          G90s came with the Kahler Steeler which was essentially an OFR. The Steelers are EXTREMELY good trems, and at least as good as an OFR. I'm not sure what you mean about the body size. The G90 is about the same size as a Soloist from what I remember.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

they have fat asses.... the shape may be similar but the actual size is different (larger) than the soloist, dinky, charvel strat, etc.--at least in my mind (unless i'm imagining it). i didn't like that aspect about these models.

Comment

I seem to remember the G90 being smaller than a Soloist and much lighter. Mine came with a PV liecensed Floyd. I would put the higher end Nitros and G90s far above the Tracers and low end Nitros. I had a Tracer and it was very poorly built..........

Comment

Working...
                              X