No announcement yet.

Anyone know about Shane Targa guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about Shane Targa guitars?

Wondering if its worth pursuing one on Craigslist. 1 hum, 1 sc, and a licensed Floyd. No pic. From the tiny bit I found on Google, these might have been made in USA. Would like to hear any feedback from any current or former owners. Real wood or ply? Solid hardware? Recollections of piclup character? Etc. Anyone? Appreciate it!

I own one Shane Targa. They should all be solid bodies. Solid hardware too. If the pickups are covered, they are high gain.

I researched the hell out of these....according to Vintaxe they are USA made. I have seen multiple Shane's that are all different configurations (HSH,HSS,H, etc) There is one at the local pawn shop with a HIGHLY maple flamed neck for $100, SSS with a pickguard.

After looking into them a lot more, i'm conviced they were being built by Kaman guitars. Kaman did a ton of cheaper Korean super strats in the 80s. The headstock is almost identical to the brand GTX which is by Kaman. They also both do not have a luthiers joint. Hope this helps!
    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Hey man. Thanks for the info! I still havn't contacted the seller as I needed to get my tax bill sorted first. If the ad is still up tomorrow I might see if he's still got it and check it out. Honestly, since theres no pic and no phone number in the ad, I'm not all that into this chase. If history is any indicator, I'd email him then get into a 2 day ordeal of back and forth before seeing it, by which time I'll be the bad guy for declining to buy if it's not how I imagined it or for offering any less than asking. Really prefer to see pics up front and coord a meet immediatly over the phone. Sounds like the brand is decent quality though so we'll see. Thank again DTA. Much appreciate you passing along your research! Oh, and since you are nearby, if you are into it at get to it first, no hard feelings haha.

Comment

Working...
      X