Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ibanez sabres....1987 and 2012 (NGD content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i was younger i played speed metal and, being from tampa, death metal. at one point all i had was the yellow guitar. i went and tried out for a death metal band. when they saw the guitar, i got tossed before even getting to play a note!!!! the "singer" growled "GEEEETTTTTTTT OWWWWWWTTTTT" in his best cookie monster!!! i was pissed at the time, but now i laugh about it!!

i used the green one on a country session over the weekend. surprisingly it has a pretty good sound when played through my old fender vibro champ - very snappy and southern rockish. i was hired to throw some licks down on a country song, so i brought the vibro champ and three guitars, a PRS 20th anniversay mccarty, my vintage strat, and (mostly for shits and giggles) the green ibanez. the producer liked the sound of the ibanez the best. he said it fit easier in the mix. go figure....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Even Trey from Morbid Angel had a yellow Warrior!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
        thanks! i am not one to get out the measuring calipers...so the best i can tell is that the wizard 3 is just a bit thicker and a lot rounder. i am trying to think of a direct comparison, but nothing is popping to mind....
        the best comparison would be my 92 rg 570 to my 99 rg 570...same exact thing...neck is thicker and rounder with no finish on the newer one...course i have a 450s from 92 thats hsh in red with an edge and a neck like your yellow saber...nice pair dude...but yeah the reissues dont have quite the same feel as the originals...why i'm not sure...but they do feel a bit different...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
        X