NGD x 2 - Gunslinger and Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD x 2 - Gunslinger and Strat

Got the Gunslinger a few weeks ago. Will be installing a JB on Monday. Got the MIM Strat ('62 reissue) a few days ago. I'm really digging the orange.

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

I almost bought on of those MIC gunslingers but the neck pocket was too big for the neck,frets were pretty sad too.Looked cool but thats about it.
    That strat looks nice.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
      Got the MIM Strat ('62 reissue) a few days ago.
      You got took 1962 Strats did not have the big headstock. That headstock came after the CBS era 1965. Maybe it's a 67 or a 69 reissue?

And what are the dual humbuckers? I have a FSR strat (metallic burst) with a similar pickup config - I get single tones in some positions. Is yours like that? I love the tone of that strat.

Comment

That Orange and black is Killer!!!..very nice!

Comment

Cool colors. I like them both.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            And what are the dual humbuckers? I have a FSR strat (metallic burst) with a similar pickup config - I get single tones in some positions. Is yours like that? I love the tone of that strat.
            Not sure what humbuckers are installed as I haven't peeked under the pickguard yet. As far as the 5-way switch is wired, this is what I'm getting:

Pos 1: Bridge
            Pos 2: Bridge split
            Pos 3: Bridge and Neck
            Pos 4: Neck split
            Pos 5: Neck
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

About the Gunslinger, where was it made? I got a Yellow one from korea. Not a bad guitar. Replaced the Dimarzio Super Distortion for a ToneZone. It's a fun guitar.

Congratz for the new guitars!
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                About the Gunslinger, where was it made? I got a Yellow one from korea. Not a bad guitar. Replaced the Dimarzio Super Distortion for a ToneZone. It's a fun guitar.
                Alvin and I got the same guitar at about the same time (I picked up a neon green Gunslinger this past Saturday). They are made in China, and come with a Floyd Rose Special and a Duncan Designed humbucker. Out of curiosity, what bridge did the MIK Gunslinger come with?

EDIT: Congrats on your NGDx2 Alvin!
                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Congrats. I've always liked the look of the Gunslinger (the yellow one more than the others). Getting hold of one is another matter.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I (stupidly) walked away from getting a MIK Gunslinger for $250. Looked mint, and came with the super distortion and the MIK Floyd that came on the ProMods, IIRC.

Love the green, and the orange Strat kicks ass!

Comment

I don't recall that color from the 60's. Looks like a delong strat neck on a squier body. Or a min body. Def not a 62 tho.

Comment

those colors make me want sherbert.... JF wasnt the delong a hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post

SCHWIIING!!!

Love those Gunslingers! I'll have to get one myself, one o'these days...

Comment

What a sweet pair...both look amazing. I was trying to buy a MIK Gunslinger just like that one a while back but none of the stores would sell me one, I shit you not! Both places I called told me to call back later. I ended up getting a MIJ Promod instead which I don't regret, but I really wanted to try out one of those.

I love the orange on that strat. It looks better than my october pearl DK2 imo.

Comment

I took the Strat apart today. Here are the markings that I found. Any idea of the year/model?

Comment

Working...
                              X