Need some vintage dimarzio guitar info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some vintage dimarzio guitar info

i have one that seems to be all one piece from an originality standpoint. As with most from this era it has been modded quite a bit. I know charvel made necks for them but who else did as well? The one on this one is a v neck and high glossed. The body and neck both have the woodburns logos as well as the headstock dimarzio logo. the neckplate is the dimarzio sun logo. Most the stuff on it is brass from the bridge to most the screws.

the pickguard i am pretty sure is not original and i dont care at this point. but she has some random extra drilled holes so i assume there was another pg on it at some point.

I am thinking the 2 singles are original but the hb was a vintage duncan ddm.

tuners are grover and look to be original no extra holes and to be honest the neck is pretty cherry condition for its age.

the body is so so at best and not even in "appealing" looking relic shape. I am tempted to refin the body and go with another color and new pickguard but not sure if i can really get into this neck. I way overspent imo on this so at this point im not to sure that i would worry about too much diminished value with a refin. I just wanted it to have it type of thing.

I am into it just under 600 and bought it on a whim/super impulse for my own collection. now i am not sure what to do with it lol.

anyway if anyone has good info on these that would be cool. I havent had much time to research and thought maybe someone here has experience with these and specifically this neck which i am assuming is not charvel.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

post pics, the charvel MFG made dimarzio parts are pretty much exactly the same as Charvels, but have wide 12th fret dots. the truss rod bolt is a dead giveaway. I dont know who made there stuff after charvel, tho it was quality stuff. Im surprised it has a headstock logo, since most of there stuff was parts or kits, not fully assembled guitars.

Comment

ill get them up in a moment date on the bottom of the neck is 5/7/82
      Haters gonna hate

Comment

aight the spacing is a bit wider ill get that shot in a bit but heres a few

Haters gonna hate

Comment

skunk stripe looks like it comes up too far and the truss bolt isnt charvel from what i can tell. & i think the headstock logo is a repro?

Comment

that logo is under what i would be almost positive is the original clear nothing looks altered on it.
            Haters gonna hate

Comment

that logo doesnt match any Dimarzio logo ive seen, close but its not the correct font, or spacing. the M and Z are completely wrong, check the center of the M and the corners of the Z.

BTW those are very cool grovers, they are rare reversible super rotomatics w oval strat buttons.

Comment

that may well be the case i wonder if this was a raw neck originally? There is no visible blend anywhere on the neck i wonder if maybe a store was doing this builds?

I know nothing about the grovers but thats some cool info.
                Haters gonna hate

Comment

Charvel skunks stripes came up to the second fret IIRC.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

yep they were about an ich or so shorter than most brands.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    Charvel skunks stripes came up to the second fret IIRC.

Comment

Doesn't appear to be a real DiMarzio logo.. after their relationship with Charvel.. DiMarzio had stuff made for them by ESP.
                      DiMarzio Endorsee
                      www.dimarzio.com
                      Morley Endorsee
                      www.morley.com
                      "Intelli-Shred" author
                      www.myspace.com/intellishred
                      NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Working...
                      X