Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD -I shouldn't have and on top of it, it's damaged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD -I shouldn't have and on top of it, it's damaged.

The guitar is so close to what I would order BUT there was no packing in the box just a gig bag. So the guitar was said to be 7/10 but no where did it say anything about the neck pocket cracks or the top cracks. I'm tore on what to do and that's on top of the fact that I shouldn't have bought this guitar at all.
    (better pics later after I get whatever is going to happen straighted out.

Neck pocket cracks are normal, I wouldnt worry about those, though those top cracks wouldnt fly with me unless you got a SCREAMIN deal on it. They look stable and are probably mostly in the clear coat, but its obvious that it came from stress or an impact on the knobs/switches.
    Last edited by RobRR; 02-18-2012, 10:49 AM.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I paid $650.

Comment

Thats a Carvin right? Im not really too up on used Carvin pricing, but from what Ive seen some nice neckthru Carvins go for, that seems to be on the mid-upper price end for a bolt-on. Somebody please correct me if Im wrong. IMO for that kinda coin, Id send it back or ask for a couple hundred partial refund. Im sure it still plays great and sounds fantastic, but again for that money those top cracks would bother the hell out of me.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

A mint one just sold for $1000.

Comment

if it doesnt affect the functionality of the guitar i honestly wouldnt worry about it...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Sounds like a bit of buyers remorse and the misrepresentation of the guitar is the exact right reason to undo it. If you're like me and you already regret it a little bit, it won't get better with time.

Comment

[QUOTEif it doesnt affect the functionality of the guitar i honestly wouldnt worry about it...d.m. ][/QUOTE]I'm so torn right now. Nice purle quilt tops are rare to find under $1000, but it pisses me off that a seller with thousands of feedbacks can't even ball up some paper to keep a guitar safe. If this guitar had arrived like I expected it to, I know my GAS would be gone.

Comment

Sounds like a bit of buyers remorse and the misrepresentation of the guitar is the exact right reason to undo it. If you're like me and you already regret it a little bit, it won't get better with time.
                  Getting a guitar with cracks on the top that are not pictured is not buyers remorse. Having a nice purple quilt top is my ultimate guitar. If this guitar arrived undamaged I would not being having GAS for a long time. (yes I can't afford it buy I have 5 guitars for sale right now with another to be added to that ).

Comment

I love the color and love the quilt as I am a purple carvin junky but that isnt acceptable in my eyes. There is no reason for you to get a guitar in that condition with absolutely no mention of the damage. Regardless of whether or not it effects the stability and integrity of the instrument its simply not acceptable. No one would accept that from the factory if it wasnt disclosed so I see no reason to accept it used that way either. Now had they guy given you all the info and then you cry foul that would be another story. But if it was sold as a mint or near mint guitar Id have someones head.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                      Getting a guitar with cracks on the top that are not pictured is not buyers remorse. Having a nice purple quilt top is my ultimate guitar. If this guitar arrived undamaged I would not being having GAS for a long time. (yes I can't afford it buy I have 5 guitars for sale right now with another to be added to that ).
                      My bad, I didn't realize it was shipping damage and not a dishonest seller.

Comment

And yes, buyers remorse would be the wrong term anyway if you were misled by the seller.

Comment

I love the color and love the quilt as I am a purple carvin junky but that isnt acceptable in my eyes. There is no reason for you to get a guitar in that condition with absolutely no mention of the damage. Regardless of whether or not it effects the stability and integrity of the instrument its simply not acceptable. No one would accept that from the factory if it wasnt disclosed so I see no reason to accept it used that way either. Now had they guy given you all the info and then you cry foul that would be another story. But if it was sold as a mint or near mint guitar Id have someones head.
                          The pictures on the auction are bad but I don't see these cracks. I'm thinking shipping damage right now since there was nothing in the box except for the gig bag and guitar. I do love your carvin by the way.

Comment

Dude, that sucks so much. It's (was?) a beautiful guitar too, which makes it suck that much more. What boggles my mind is how anyone with half a brain could just throw a guitar in a gig bag loose in a cardboard box (or wood or metal even) and expect it to not be damaged in shipping?!?
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

If it was shipped in only a gig bag in a box and NO packing material.. its not a dishonest seller/shipper.. just a stupid thoughtless careless one. I'd at least see if I could get say $50 or so back for the damage if that truly happened during shipping and wasn't like that to begin with. If you didn't have really clear and extensive photos of that area and the entire guitar in general prior to buying.. then whether deceptive or not.. its not really full disclosure.. and with out detailed photos prior to buying.. its really just your words vs. the seller. That said.. its cosmetic and doesn't really affect playability.
                              DiMarzio Endorsee
                              www.dimarzio.com
                              Morley Endorsee
                              www.morley.com
                              "Intelli-Shred" author
                              www.myspace.com/intellishred
                              NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Working...
                              X