NGPD - Cool Lester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGPD - Cool Lester

I just bought this guitar today and should have it by the end of the week. It's a 2010 Les Paul Faded that was modded with neck/body binding, gold top, aged paint and hardware. Looks like an aged Trad Pro, which is only finished on the top. Can't wait to add it to my collection and see how it sounds. Borrowing pictures from the owner...

Before:

After

If I decide I don't like the paint, I'll just redo it in the future...

Wow, the pix look like they did a good job giving it that worn in goldtop look. Congrats!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Putting that binding on a non-bound guitar must have cost a pretty penny.

Sorry, but that relic jobs looks horrible. It looks nothing like true checking.

Comment

I'm not a LP guy, nor a relic kind of guy, but THAT is COOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          Putting that binding on a non-bound guitar must have cost a pretty penny.

Sorry, but that relic jobs looks horrible. It looks nothing like true checking.
          The neck binding looks flawless. Id need closer shots, but that thing looks like a Standard if I ever saw one. Whoever did the work is damn talented.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Nice one, Pete! I'm not crazy about the relic/checking, but the gold top and binding look neat.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Post some close ups when you get it.
              Did that one appear on MLP forum?
              I think I've seen that one in progress.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Gosh, had they stopped at pic #3 it would have been magnificent!

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
                  Gosh, had they stopped at pic #3 it would have been magnificent!
                  What he said, but still, very cool.
                  I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Got the guitar last week. It weighs in at 6.9 pounds. Had a 2 hour rehearsal with it a couple of days ago and it was heavenly. Great tones out of her and she can take the abuse. The binding was done very well - there are a few spots that could use a little cosmetic cleanup, but other than that, the best $750 I spent in a long time. Plus, it looks like a beat up 57 Goldtop. Here are some binding and overall pictures:

Comment

Wow that looks amazing man!

Comment

Working...
                      X