Gibson Kirk Hammett Vee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Kirk Hammett Vee

Don't know if you guys have seen this yet really nice ..but insane pricing!!!

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electr...12011813131243

ugh....looks cheap to me. i HATE wide 12th fret dots!!!!! hahaha, other than that - not too bad. i wonder if it is made to proper '74 specs. the rings around the pickups always confound me....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

How is that not just a flying v with emg's?
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
        How is that not just a flying v with emg's?
        My thoughts exactly. It does have the older, rounder headstock, though. I'd rather have his old ESP KH-1 V signature.

A518.jpg
        KIRKfotoC.jpg
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like the one laying on that case.

Comment

I've seen Metallica live a number if times, and the only gibson I have ever seen him play live was a les paul. I've seen him play Kramers, and ESP (obvious) and his Jackson but never a gibson flying V. has anyone else? Probably not for an extremely long time, why are they bothering with this? He jumping ship from ESP or something?
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

how much is that in american $$ ??

Comment

118096.gif.jpg

kirkbkgibsonv1.jpg
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

I got to see them right after Kill em All came out. He played 2 Gibson V's for the 5 songs they played. Had to stand at the front door due to the 21 or over bullshit, but I did get to see em for the most part. I got a free Kill em All album. Didn't like em live, but the album said it all. I was hooked after that.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                    I've seen Metallica live a number if times, and the only gibson I have ever seen him play live was a les paul. I've seen him play Kramers, and ESP (obvious) and his Jackson but never a gibson flying V. has anyone else? Probably not for an extremely long time, why are they bothering with this? He jumping ship from ESP or something?
                    Early on, he played Gibson Vs. I've never seen him play a Kramer, but I know he had a couple Ibanez RGs and he smashed at least one of them on stage. I also saw a pic of him from around the Load era where he played an Ibanez Iceman.

Comment

its probaly a early 80's V how much are they on ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1982-Gibso...item35b8a353ee

US $5,500.00
                      get an original ?!?!?!

or that ooh thats nice

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1985-GIBSO...item43ac972aaf
                      Last edited by asix; 01-20-2012, 09:16 AM.
                      no sig.....

Comment

Can't wait to get into a fight with someone for fucking up my duct tape, depreciating it by $1000.

Comment

I 'think' this is a Kramer pacer with the funky paint that changes color in different light, good view at around 4:23, but I could never read the headstock. Anyone else know for sure?

"illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Could be a Kramer. I thought it might be a Fernandes, as he had a few of those, but not sure on that one. The Fernandes models I remember seeing him with were stratheads, but Fernandes did have a pointy headstock similar to that at one time. He's got a shitload of guitars, so who knows?

Comment

I think the red one in the vid-clip is a Fernandes. He had Fernandes, Tom Ansersons on the Justice Tour. THen on the Black Album tour he would bring out 'firewood' guitars for his solos and then attempt to smash them.

Comment

Working...
                              X