Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Dinky/Soloist vs Robin Medley

Hey

Anyone here have any experience with Robin guitars? Specifically the Medley models.

I'm interested in getting one but I wouldn't be able to try it out.

Quality?
    How is the neck compared to Jackson necks? The shape.

Thanks!!
    And please do post pictures if you do have them.

Never had one but heard good things about them.

Comment

Japan Medley's are ESP's
      >^v^<

Comment

Awesome guitars, I have a lot of them. I hear they have elected to stop making them for a while.

Necks are great, similar shape but thinner than Jackson. Top quality playing and sounding guitars, on par with USA Jackson/Charvels.

Here's some thread links that might help, giving you some history and pics of some:
        http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/190...ighlight=robin

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/405...ighlight=robin

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/571...ighlight=robin

Comment

A few of my Medleys...

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

The maple boarded one is KILLER!!! Is it a maple body or Korina body?

Originally posted by xbolt View Post
            A few of my Medleys...

Comment

i have a few medleys. as said above the bolt on medleys have thinner necks than jacksons. my necck-thru is comparable to a jackson though. both compound radius. action could be set up real low. the robins medley body feels less bulkier than a dinky body. The wood is also usually better than alder; usually robins come with a variety of choices of wood like swamp ash, etc. so the tone is unique.

make sure the back of the headstock has the texas logo. if it doesn't then it's a japan made robin (the earlier ones were actually hand made in texas not japan by esp)

Comment

Korina

Maple
                Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

They are great guitars. Very comfy to play. Top notch quality. Medleys use to have Kahler Steelers. Necks are all different though cause lot of them were custom ordered.
                  Mine was 16" flat radius which for me was uncomfortable. I also ordered Swamp Ash which I did not like the sound of. Great guitars never the less for a great price.
                  You can't beat 'em for a used shredder.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I have always wanted a Robin just on looks alone. Never played one!!
                    No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Working...
                    X