Opinions please on ESP custom shop guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please on ESP custom shop guitar

Find myself lusting for ESP custom shop Super V, but have not played one and it's too much $ to take a chance I think. The only other ESP I have ever played is my Potbelly, and I do like it a lot. Anyone familiar with the George Lynch Super V model?

Ugly ass guitar, short scale mahogany, if you like it then go for it, probably not the best idea to get people to tell you that you want it

Comment

Get a Jackson king v
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

Short scale mahogany works for me, and I like the look of it - just never really been a fan of traditional V shapes. But I live in the middle of nowhere, like how my 750XL and JJ2 play - so just thought I might happen across someone familiar with this model.

Comment

Since your asking for opinions........ I personally hate ESP necks compared to Jackson necks. ESP's do not hold any value ( if that matters ). Beauty is on the eye of the beholder as far as how it looks. I have to agree with Larz. I would get a Jackson.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I am a big fan of traditional V shapes with short scale ,all mahagony,but if I'm getting a more aggressive V shape it would definitely be a King V. They are just badass.

Comment

The necks on the super V are quite chunky so keep that in mind.
              I have worked on one of them and its a well made guitar just not my thing.
              Dr Loomis (member here) has one ask him any Q's you have.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                The necks on the super V are quite chunky so keep that in mind.
                I have worked on one of them and its a well made guitar just not my thing.
                Dr Loomis (member here) has one ask him any Q's you have.
                Thanks, that's helpful. I already know its odd (OK, ugly) and not a Jackson - but more interested in what to expect from a quality/sound/feel perspective since I won't get to try it first. I don't like thick necks, so that might be the dealbreaker for me right there.

Comment

Why do people bring ESP butt love to this forum?
                  sigpic
                  Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                    As for me - I am not a stakeholder in FMIC, there is a section here for "Guitars by Other Manufacturers" and ESP is the "Other Manufacturer" of choice IMO.

My preference for Jackson and Charvel is why I joined and there appears to be an interesting cast of characters around here.

Comment

I like ESP guitars. MKII's seem hip. I think a nice,older JH600 with a OFR would be cool. There V's look ok. I have an old V from the mid 70's.I have always liked them and that shape. I just find the King V to be a evil ass looking guitar when headed into that style of V. I think the Jacksons are made nicely and have had great experience with them.. No hatred from me, just a preference. I think the ESP V-II is kind of cool. I also agree that in least with my dealings, they don't hold value like a Jackson.If that even matters to you,which hardly ever comes to me because if it fits and I dig it,I'm not really looking to sell it. I have some stuff from other manufacturers that many would call junk. Like I care if it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                        its called trolling.
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

The only people I see trolling are the ones who are making negative comments about ESP. This is an area set aside for guitars my other brands, if you don't like ESP why even open the threat? Obviously Jackson is always a better choice but if the guy likes the ESP looks and all then more power to him. Instead of just talking shit about ESP explain why exactly one is better (based on fact, not Jackson fanboy bullshit which is 90% of what i hear when people compare)

This area is as much an ESP forum as it is Gibson or any other brand.
                          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

oops! my bad, I didnt see what area it was in.
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I had an ESP MII Urban Camo and that guitar was very well made and the fit and finish was flawless. It played ok, but after having played Charvels most of my life I just could not bond with the narrow string spacing and the neckthru thing so I moved it along. I will say that I still miss that satin Urban Camo finish it was way cool. If the ESP Custom shop prices were not so incredibly high I would own A bolt on version.

Comment

Working...
                              X