NGD Strike Two! Lightning Strikes Twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Strike Two! Lightning Strikes Twice

Picked up the 550 today at lunch, then this HM Strat today for dinner. I have a lead on a third great deal that I'll post in the eFraid section. Spread the wealth.

Flamed Neck:

The Same Ash tag said the paint was done by Custom Western KY Collision (westernkycollision.com ?)

Cool!! both look great!
    Sam

Comment

Strip it and paint it pink. Im not fond of the pickguard. I wonder whats lurking beneath it. Judging by the slanted single, possibly a fullsized humbucker rout?

Comment

I dig it with the gaurd on it. I would def try to see if the neck has a humbucker route.
        "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

I like the uniqueness of it (pickguard and paint). Nice Score!

Comment

Yup Leave it alone looks killer and different!
            Keep it Rock-Keep it Real!
            www.brentenman.com

Comment

nice never tried one of the HM strats

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                Strip it and paint it pink. Im not fond of the pickguard. I wonder whats lurking beneath it. Judging by the slanted single, possibly a fullsized humbucker rout?
                I don't know is you remember, but I have a maple / pink on just like yours. I picked up a black one with a a dark rosewood fretboard and swapped necks, so that the pink has the dark rosewood, and the black has the maple fretboard. Both of those are the "original" style HM Strats. This one (my third) is a later model I think.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                  nice never tried one of the HM strats
                  This is my third. Each one has been awesome. Great tone, very lightweight at around 7lbs., unusual 25" scale length, and a nice thin neck with a 17" radius and jumbo frets.

Comment

Nice flame on the neck!
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      I don't know is you remember, but I have a maple / pink on just like yours. I picked up a black one with a a dark rosewood fretboard and swapped necks, so that the pink has the dark rosewood, and the black has the maple fretboard. Both of those are the "original" style HM Strats. This one (my third) is a later model I think.
                      Yes, I remember. Id like to find another one some day too. Maybe one of the light blue ones to go with the pink. What do you think is the original pickup config under that guard?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        Nice flame on the neck!
                        It was very hard to capture with the Blackberry camera. We all hear the same story, looks better in person

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                          Yes, I remember. Id like to find another one some day too. Maybe one of the light blue ones to go with the pink. What do you think is the original pickup config under that guard?
                          I haven't openned up the cavity yet, but it appears to be original / OEM parts. The bridge seems to be a Super 3 with the coil tap switch, and the neck seems to be a noiseless single. No real indication on the outside as to what type of single.

All three of my HM Strats have been very consistant in tone, weight, feel, etc. So if you like one, I'd say you'd like them all. I'm talking what I call "traditional" HM Strats with the Strathead neck and 24 frets. I'm not too keen on the ones where the headstock got pointy.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            I haven't openned up the cavity yet, but it appears to be original / OEM parts. The bridge seems to be a Super 3 with the coil tap switch, and the neck seems to be a noiseless single. No real indication on the outside as to what type of single.

All three of my HM Strats have been very consistant in tone, weight, feel, etc. So if you like one, I'd say you'd like them all. I'm talking what I call "traditional" HM Strats with the Strathead neck and 24 frets. I'm not too keen on the ones where the headstock got pointy.
                            Interesting, it seems that that config, pickguard and all, is original.

http://orientalguitar.blogspot.com/2...ght-white.html

Ive never seen one like that before. Im not too keen on the pointy ones either. Its like they started to mix and match parts with the Heartfield series, and started with the weird marble finishes.

Comment

I just got done messing with it again and the single coil pickup is labeled a Fender Lace Sensor.

They have some databases on this site: http://www.heavymetalstrat.proboards.com/index.cgi? and it seems that's the correct single.

Comment

Working...
                              X