Catalog Guitar Day x2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalog Guitar Day x2

Got these the other day. Guy brought them into my store. Very cool mid 60's solid bodies. One is a Silvertone Model 1457 i think. and the Kay i couldn't find an exact model on but around the same era.

Both are unmolested and extremely nice for 45+ years old. The silvertone is missing the fabric cover on one side of the guitar. Kay has a tuning screw that holds that in place missing but not a big deal at all. simple stuff.. Just glad the wood bridge is still there..

Otherwise i think these are extremely cool. the silvertone has a SUPER nice piece of rosewood on the board. solid tight and vibrant grain.

Heres the Pics..

Very ......different! LOL
    I can say I am not in love with the shapes, but cool none the less.

Comment

Jack White called. He wants his guitars back!

Sometimes those old cheapies can sound amazing, although they rarely play well you can sometimes find a nice happy accident.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

You just reinvented the meaning of fugly
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Very cool. In a different way than most NGDs, but still very cool.

Are you going to put EMGs or Blackouts in them?

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
            Very cool. In a different way than most NGDs, but still very cool.

Are you going to put EMGs or Blackouts in them?
            Hell no .... Bareknuckles!!! Lol lol

Comment

Silvertone really mailed it in on the headstock design there!! The Kay's not much better.. Semi-decent old vibe on the bodies. And nice rosewood as well..
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I had an old Kent once long ago. Cant remember how I ended up with it. It had a bridge but was missing the tailpiece. It was my first attempt at routing a guitar for a trem. I routed it for a vtrem I had laying around. I didnt do too bad, but this was before I knew that the distance between the nut and the 12th had to be the same between the 12th and the bridge (like I said, looooong time ago). I got it finished and found it wouldnt tune right. My dad told me why, and so I ended up moving the bridge forward and just solid mounted the vtrem to the body and cover up the route behind the now fixed bridge with a piece of trem cavity cover. I didnt look to bad and it played just fine. I was surprised how good the action was considering the obvious quality(or lack thereof) of the guitar. I jammed it for months until I ended up needing the vtrem for something else.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Hey Bob, that Silvertone: after the gig you can play some baseballwith it! Hur hur hur
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Or paddle a boat.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I totally dig 60s jap guitars!
                      "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

One thing that's cool and at the same time sucks about those old Danelectros (I'm not sure about Kays) is that they have a nice wide nut, around 1.75", but the string spacing is cut like the nut would be 1.5" or something.

Comment

stick a dimarzio and a floyd on it
                          yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

I had a fair collection of those years ago.
                            A friend of mine has 30 or so with the original amps in the case.
                            The two pick up Silvertones rock.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I wish the guy would have brought me the amp in case. But he didnt have it he said. Still even though these are not worth very much at all. i think some light gauge strings and a good cleaning would make a cool guitar. although i havent touched em since i took these photos. Actually havent touched much of anything..

Comment

Working...
                              X