Wood for Pete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood for Pete

Ok, I laughed my ass off on a certain comment Pete made on a recent project of mine. So, here is some real wood Pete. My first build, 82-83'ish.All done with handtools. Noteables, a really young Yngwie Malmsteen played it, but it was hard to get an opinion, he was more worried about how his hair looked (true story). Wolf Hoffmann loved it. What a great guy and tremendous traditional metal guitarist. He had many valid opinions on guitar design and function. Pure class musician. Yes, an original intro Invader pu and a semi proto type Rockinger trem. Yeah I hear all the bitching about the ones put on later production guitars. Mine is still original and works perfect. Cheers!

Stik4.jpgStik2.jpgStik1.jpgStik5.jpgStik3.jpg

Wow, cool! Great stories, as well!

Sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Interesting body shape, pretty cool if it was all done with hand tools.

When we are going muskie fishing?
      You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

All very amatuer stuff. I have made some very expensive firewood, but its all about learning and having some fun for me . One thing over the years I have always maintained. A great respect and appreciation for the guys who really know what they are doing and are dedicated to the true art of building guitars. A custom guitar built by someone like that is a more than a worthwhile treasure.

Comment

Router for the pockets.....not really a "hand" tool. I have access to machining centers now.
          Last edited by axmann; 10-23-2011, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Pretty cool actually with minor toolage.
            Rockinger trems have some mass and work well IMO.
            This one has lasted quite a while and works great.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Boing! Giving me wood indeed. Sick! Love it. Dig the 'melting star' shape. I bet it balances well on the wearer.

As for Yngwie: yeah that sounds just typical of his bafoonery. I remember meeting him and he reeked of cologne. All he cared about was asking me where to get counterfeit Rolex watches.

You wrote: 'hand tools'. Hehehe.

Comment

Yeah, I can't believe I also wrote "wood for pete". Balances very nice and sustains into the next year. That is a real player Straycat. I like it. It looks like it has had alot of playing time, which is always a really good thing. Nice, another Rockinger.

Comment

Heh, the op guitar is "anatomically correct".
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

After twitches comment all I see when I look at the body is a guy standing with his fist in the air and his little dong between his legs. LOL

Its a very sweet guitar tho and that grain is incredible
                    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
                    X