Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The animal rights people would hate me for this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The animal rights people would hate me for this...

I was thinking about snakeskin guitars and how much it would cost to have a guitar wrapped in a real snakeskin, like what Warren DeMartini did. Then I got a crazy idea for a custom guitar that animal rights activists would hate.

Let's take something like a Charvel Surfcaster or a Gibson ES-335 and make the body out of clear acrylic. I'd eliminate the F holes like on the BB King ES-335 Gibson. On the body, I'd have a trap door into which I could put a small snake into the body of the guitar. I think it would look cool to have a snake slithering around inside the guitar as it's being played. If there were a few small air holes in the guitar, the snake could breath, but wouldn't be able to escape the axe.

While the snake and animal rights people would hate me, is that a cool idea?

Its cool only if feeding time is gig time.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Yeah, stick a mouse in there with it!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think a rattlesnake would be too dangerous to handle. A small constrictor might not have enough space to strangle a mouse or a chick inside the guitar. I was thinking a Gardner snake or a small green herbivore.

Comment

Yeah, stick some herbs in there with it!

Hmm, doesn't seem as metal....

Comment

A garder would probably be good, but what really concerns me is the mess, how would you clean the inside when the snake is doing it's "business"?

Comment

Most people who think up trap doors in things usually do put herbs in them. Lol

Or you could rig up a wheel inside it and get a small gerbal or whatever to run in it. Then tell people he powers the guitar.
              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Set the pipe down and walk away.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                  A garder would probably be good, but what really concerns me is the mess, how would you clean the inside when the snake is doing it's "business"?
                  I think the electronics cavity/ pickups/ output jack would have to be isolated from the hollow sections of the guitar in a water tight area. Then to clean out the guitar, you could fill it up with water, and use the trap door to drain the water out and snake poop out.

Comment

in premodern china and japan, some status of deities would be "stuffed" with live small insects, spiders, snakes, etc to sanctify or animate the statue. the insects/snakes, etc would die in them (air sealed tight), but ppl believed that the statue would then become more efficacious (responsive to prayers, etc.).

so maybe if you stuffed the guitar with a snake.... and it dies in it, maybe it would have the same effect?

nice idea to entertain... but i wouldn't do it. sorry, i would hate to see a snake die in a guitar

Comment

Stuff it with lots and lots of wasps and you won't need to buy a modeling amp!

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
                        Stuff it with lots and lots of wasps and you won't need to buy a modeling amp!
                        Er, wasps buzz? Maybe you're thinking of that other yellow stinging flying insect, good sir?

Comment

'cause, these guys would be too big to fit inside a guitar
                          15165_wasp.jpg

Comment

I'm not sure how many animal rights activists would notice it but I'm sure that the folks at Bellevue would be pretty interested in your activities.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                            X