Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acoustic guitars. your opinions of them???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic guitars. your opinions of them???

OK, I am not big on acoustic guitars at all. I have 2. I have a Fender lebrea from the early 90s and a Ovation double neck 6/12. I tried a $2500 Martin that a friend bought yesterday. I have to say, the sound was amazing compared to mine. I was really impressed. not that I am going to go buy one as I just dont like playing acoustics. but it was neat to see that it just made mine sound like garbage in comparison.

I will say one thing, acoustic guitars arent much to look at. man are they boring.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

i have an ovation i use in the studio. live, i just use the piezos in my brian moore. i wouldn't mind having a decent acoustic, but i don't want to spend the money!!!

they are nice when you want to serenade your woman (or man, i guess) by the lake....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I don't got a man or a lake but I do got a acoustic! My opinion? I like 'em. Picked up a nice new one a little while ago.... (left a thread about it lying around here somewhere.....)
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I hate acoustics because they are freaking expensive. Love playing on them though, somehow a much better tool for song writing than the electric.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Taylor - the electric guitar player's guitar. Awesome sound, awesome FEEL.

Comment

I just bought myself a Fender CJ 290 brand new for $429. The last acoustic I had was a cheap piece of junk, and I hated it, therefore it never got played. I actually like this one a lot. It sounds fantastic, and after adjusting the bridge, it plays quite well. Obviously it's not going to be as good as a high end Martin, Taylor, or Santa Cruz, but it does the job for me.

Mine's just like this. The on-board tuner is extremely handy too.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

My Takamine G330S "played like an acoustic" until I got tired of it. I removed the nut and saddle and sanded them down. Now it plays like an electric. Not super-low shredding action, but more like what you'd find in a fresh-out-of-the-box electric at a typical gutar shop.

Still sounds as good as it did. Not overly full-bodied and majestic, but then it's not priced in that range.

And yeah, they're just so.....plain-looking.

Then again I'd hate to see a nice piece of figured wood wasted on an acoustic, and graphics just do not work. I just can't see quilt/curly/flamed/spalted maple or lacewood on an acoustic. I don't think I'd want to, even though I know someone does waste perfectly good wood that way.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                +1

Try a high end Taylor, they make incredible acoustic guitars.

Comment

Waste of money. My Acoustic ($300 Alvarez) has sat in the closet since buying it new in 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    My Takamine G330S "played like an acoustic" until I got tired of it. I removed the nut and saddle and sanded them down. Now it plays like an electric. Not super-low shredding action, but more like what you'd find in a fresh-out-of-the-box electric at a typical gutar shop.

Still sounds as good as it did. Not overly full-bodied and majestic, but then it's not priced in that range.

And yeah, they're just so.....plain-looking.

Then again I'd hate to see a nice piece of figured wood wasted on an acoustic, and graphics just do not work. I just can't see quilt/curly/flamed/spalted maple or lacewood on an acoustic. I don't think I'd want to, even though I know someone does waste perfectly good wood that way.
                    yea, it would be a shame to waste a nice piece of wood on an instrument for which the quality of the wood is so critical to its tone.

Much better that it be saved for something loaded with EMGs & a Floyd to be played through a 6505.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post

YEAH Ive wanted a koa taylor 12 string forever but, any time i have gas $ like that i buy another electric.

Comment

Originally posted by vitaming View Post
                        yea, it would be a shame to waste a nice piece of wood on an instrument for which the quality of the wood is so critical to its tone.

Much better that it be saved for something loaded with emgs & a floyd to be played through a 6505.
                        hahahahahahahahahaha!!
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post

Much better that it be saved for something loaded with EMGs & a Floyd to be played through a 6505.
                          +1 Bubinga Banga Boom
                          "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
                          Zakk Wylde

Comment

I want to get me one of these, since I already have a nylon classical in the stable...

http://www.seagullguitars.com/produc...wmjflameQI.htm
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Acoustic guitars, your opinion of them????
                              Well,...
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X