Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESP Question..What would ya do here with this body..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Question..What would ya do here with this body..

I know some of ya hate ESP so please keep it civil lol

So I snagged this Body of evil bay. Shes in okay shape but has some plugged holes.
    It had some cluster of a 2 point trem on it that reminds me of the shit I see on Vesters.
    There is not quite enough room in the current route for a floyd but it looks like it could be done. The screws for the trem DO mount up and match an OFR.
    I am torn. This is a vintage ESP body I am thinkin circa NY stuff.
    I have am ESP Vintage Lawsuit Maple Neck that came from the bay as well that will be going on the axe and it has a locking floyd nut.
    The pics make this body look WAY worse I have cleaned it up quite a bit and the color is more neon than the red in the pics show.
    Would you route it out for the OFR or do somehting else? The issue lies in the space for the bar. That mounting nut doesnt clear the route currently.

All the marker came off etc. I just have a thing for these older super strats. Kinda had a san dimas vibe that I just couldnt pass up.
    The sticker inside the spring cavity says Priority mail 1987 on it lol

Also a schaller doesnt fit either I assume this had either a sinclair on it originally or a 2 pt of some kind but i assume not that POS you see in the pics.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Single hum, route for OFR for SURE!

If you want to keep the current layout, I'd say just fill the excess holes and OFR it. That trem looks god awful, but I don't know much of old ESP's so if I seem like an idiot, I am.

Comment

ill prob stick with the original layout. I have an older Horizon that currently 1 hum was hum/slant single and may go back that way, shes in clean up as well...err...resto.

Ya that trem is fuggin awful. I am going to take her to my luthier and see what he thinks tomorrow.
      Haters gonna hate
      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

That trem looks like a wb-3 or wb-2 (wammy bar) or whatever the number was. I have one on my charvette. Ive seen them on old budget bcr's and charvettes. Its a pos for sure. The blocks usually end up cracking and the whole thing falls apart. Ive had 2 like that. I didnt think the post width was the same as an ofr but I dont remember for sure.

Comment

OFR 4 sure!
          Charvel Style 2 2H San Dimas
          Charvel Predator (Rainbow Crackle)
          Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
          Jackson Soloist XL Professional
          Jackson KE3 Professional
          Jackson DK2 (Eerie Dess)
          Jackson DKMG
          Jackson DX10D Holoflash
          Jackson JS30DK
          Jackson JS30DKT