Uninspiring instrument ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninspiring instrument ...

Hello Jackson fanatics ! I would like to share My damn sad story - last year I bought a Schecter Omen Extreme (one of the older models with a basswood body and that tabacco finish) it was better quallity wise than Jackson JS series and costed lil bit cheaper than Jacksons here. It's 10 months of owning schecter and I'm kinda sick of it. Ok, I pick it up, plug it in my eff. procesor, plug in the headphones and try to play something. And after like 10 minutes I put it down. Sometimes I play it about for an hour. That guitar just doesn't feel right. And when I go to the local music store, they have that beated up JS30RR, I pick it up and ... I don't want to put it down, I even run out of licks ( I don't know that many actually - blame schecter), but something tells Me it just costs too much, JS series Jacksons are kinda expensive here. Well I don't even know what to do... I think it's to early to sell omen, since I might play in school proms. But I want a Jackson really badly (I have to save up some more to score a decent one). So a question for You guys - Does sometimes instruments feel uninspiring for You ?

Yeah, I have some guitars I pick up and I feel like "WOW! This is one amazing guitar!" and then I have others that I pick up and I'm not really inspired by it.

Funny thing is, which one that is changes pretty often. Sometimes the guitar that made me say "WOW" a couple of weeks ago leaves me feeling uninspired, today. :dunno:

If you really feel like the Jacksons are the way to go then I would suggest you hold out for a DK2 of some sort. If you need something more low-key the SLS might be good. I know those are more expensive, but you won't get anywhere buying a "little better guitar" every 10 months, except more broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Iivari View Post
      So a question for You guys - Does sometimes instruments feel uninspiring for You ?
      Sure. I try not to buy those but it happens. Some guitars you just don't click with.

I sort of feel sorry for you that a JS series is the good guitar that inspires you (I guess they have a lack of guitars over there). I couldn't imagine what you would think to get a USA Jackson over there.

Comment

Well I tried USA Custom Shop Kelly in one of the stores (and that's only one Jackson that was like above Indian made ones). I was blown away... The feel, the sound. I asked in other store about Japan made Jacksons, since i want an RR24 badly and they said... "Nobody is buying Jackson over here. What about a schecter ? They do metal. Metal = Schecter. " That kinda sucks :/
        Last edited by Iivari; 03-19-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

It isn't that much different here, man. Schecter and ESP. I go into a store and say "You got any Jacksons?" and they go "We have ESP/LTD! Schecter is very popular!"

Comment

Same here Schecter (the new ones) don't do much for me.ESP's are nice but I like the older ones.
            Jacksons always seem to fit me better.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Well I think I'm gonna get a job during summer school break. If I get enough money I will order my Jackson at thomann. That's the only option for Me right now.

Comment

i have a chinese Damien 6 with EMG HZs. payed $225 for it. it has a very thin sound which can be desirable for certain black metal parts. clean is horrendous, using both pickups helps, but still doesn't sound good. leads on the neck pickup really don't have good tone. also there's a lot less sustain than i was expecting (it being a string thru body). maybe that's on account of the basswood or how the neck is bolted?

i'll prolly just hang onto it, because the resale value is crap and i actually like the thin, cold tone sometimes....but its not a very versatile guitar and i do get bored with the lack tonal variations i can get out of it.
                Last edited by The_Black; 03-19-2011, 01:20 PM.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko_svYKVg94#t=11m44s

Comment

Yeah, now that you guys mention it, it's a rare day when I see a USA Jackson in a shop, and then they don't last long.

Comment

Working...
                  X