X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks Cool!
    love to see more 7's
    Congrats!
    I miss my old Carvin DC727, if they'd use OFR trems I'd already have another one.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Nick, didn't know you got rid of your Carvin! What's wrong with the licensed Floyds on them? I almost went with a Floyd but opted for the hardtail instead.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Nick, didn't know you got rid of your Carvin! What's wrong with the licensed Floyds on them? I almost went with a Floyd but opted for the hardtail instead.
        tuning stability was fine, the metal was soft as shit. I stripped two of the locking screw (on the blocks ) in the first 4 months that I had it and the gold came right off (and I don't gig). It was pathetic.
        I dropped in an OFR 7 and my guitar sounded so much better, it was almost shocking.
        Unfortunately the string spacing on an OFR 7 is a little wider than the licenesed trem so I had to do a total refret (the genius at Carvin that does fret dressing beveled in the ends so far it was a joke so my High E and low B kept pulling off of the end of the fret board.
        I had Steve Morrill here in Boston do it for me (incredible work)and after all was said and done it played awesome and sounded awesome (Nailbomb/coldsweat combo) but I dumped so much time and cash into it , to get it to where I felt it should've been right out of the factory, that it left a bad taste in my mouth so I sold it.
        I probably should've just put it away for a couple of months because now I miss it.
        It was my main player for almost 2 years.
        But I won't buy another Carvin 7 unless they start using OFR 7 trems and that does not look like it's ever going to happen.

Comment

Ah, I see. That sucks. If I get another 7 and want a Floyd, it's gotta be an OFR or Ibanez Edge/Lo-Pro Edge.

Comment

I agree.
            there's a thread over on SS.org focusing on Carvin 7's and a few others hasve also wished that the fret board was a little wider so the string slip wouldn't happen.
            I think the 7 string line is pretty far down the priority list at Carvin though so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Comment

NICE, i like how carvin does the 5 piece neck.

Comment

The 5-piece neck does look really cool, just stays streamlined and directly down the middle. I was going for a bit of a vintage B.C. Rich look, especially with the maple body. I never cared that much for the stringers on the B.C. Riches where they're surrounding the neck and on the body; just looks a little odd to me.

Comment

Working...
                X