Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caparison Horus

Hello all!

I really like the look and spec of the Caparison Horus and I am seriously interested in buying one this year. The only snag is that here in the UK there is one Caparison dealer who hold none in stock and can only order one in for me with a 12 week lead time.

The previous guitars I have owned are a Jackson Soloist and Ibanez RG550, both of which are awesome instruments. However, I really fancy something different, so the Horus looks great.

If any of you have played/owned one of these guitars I would be interested to know your thoughts about them - or any suggests for a cool non Jackson/Ibanez rock guitar around the $2,000 mark - thanks!

There's a dealer here in Denmark who has two Horus'es at the moment (I think). Let me know if you want further details.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I have owned a couple. Great guitars. Quite similar in feel to the old Jackson Pros. The quality is great and the necks are some of my favorites of all time.

Comment

Here are the two I had.

Comment

I'm going to have to get one of those some day soon.

Comment

Well there you have it, straight from the Horus' mouth... Ha. Ha. Ha. :think:

It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Ba-dum pish!

<................................................. .......>
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Nice pair there, did you change the pickups? Are the stock pickups good quality?

Comment

Ive played a Horus, a Dellinger and a TAT 1.
                  Great guitars for sure. The Dellinger is the best Caparison offer I think. Or at least the best I've played.

The stock pick ups are pretty ordinary too from what Ive heard. My friend, who owns these guitars, swapped out the stock pups for Bare Knuckles pretty early on.

I presume the dealer you speak of is Cranes in Cardiff, right? I went in there while I was on tour a few years ago and tried some Caparisons out too.
                  They had about 12 in stock then. None now, eh? Bummer. They deserve at least one decent outlet in the UK.
                  Last edited by Mazrim; 03-13-2011, 04:30 PM.
                  All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by 1994 View Post
                    Nice pair there, did you change the pickups? Are the stock pickups good quality?
                    The stock pickups on the HGS (walnut one) are not bad at all. The Caparison PH-R is a good pickup and it comes in the bridge of the HGS's. The regular Horus comes with the BHII-R which is a pretty lackluster offering. That being said I did swap pickups in both om them. The Walnut one had a BKP Painkiller and a Dimarzio Tone Zone S in it, and the Scarab (green one) had a BKP Holy Diver and a Dimarzio Fast Track 2 in it.

Comment

Yes, Cranes in Cardiff. They have a few in stock, but no Horus unfortunately. It is a shame that these guitars have never really taken off in the UK. A would consider a second hand model if one became available - a new one (plus a set of DiMarzios) would push the price close to £1,800.

Comment

I can't get past the headstock the rest is OK.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          I can't get past the headstock the rest is OK.
                          Ditto.

Comment

never liked the clock inlay, i'd frackin love to have a Dellinger tho
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko_svYKVg94#t=11m44s

Comment

Working...
                            X