Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS CE 24 vs ESP Eclipse II FR

Hi folks:
    I play 80's hair metal, shred guitar type music (Vai, MacAlpine, Timmons, Moore) and hard rock music. Right now I'm in the market for a new guitar nad have narrowed my choices to a PRS CE 24 and an ESP Eclipse II FR. I would like to hear your recommendations on these two guitars. I'm currently using an Axe FX Ultra guitar effects processor thru a pair of Adam Aaudio A7 Monitor speakers.
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ce24 for sure, ive owned both of your choices and the prs sounds better, plays better and is just a much better built guitar
    This space for rent

Comment

If it was a CU24 I'd say the PRS for sure, and I'd probably still go with the PRS but the Eclipse sure is a great guitar so it would be very close.
      Why is it merely between these two guitars though? It sounds like you're after a versatile shred guitar and I wouldn't go with either of those for that.
      I'd be looking more into Jacksons, Suhr, US Kramers, top end Ibanez, ESP Horizons.. that kind of thing.
      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I have a Charvel So Cal as my main player and would like to get something different. I'm also looking for something used and my budget is about 1K.

Comment

i have a CE24 and it is every bit as good as a CU24 and better than the ESP, in my opinion. for me, it comes down to how much you plan on using the trem. while the prs system stays in tune in pretty good, it is still no comparison to a floyd rose when it comes to serious abuse.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

PRS for sure. Eclipses feels like a toy for me. PRS is very versatile also.

Comment

Working...
            X