NGD - B.C. Rich Gunslinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - B.C. Rich Gunslinger

Got this Retro Gunslinger off ebay, and it arrived yesterday. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%253D&viewitem

It came with a DiMarzio Tone Zone already installed, as well as a trem-stop. The low E/A locking nut screw was stripped so the low E string wouldn't stay in tune while using the trem, but just swapped out a screw from my old Kramer I no longer use. The original owner liked the looks of a Floyd but really didn't care or know how to use one. Not sure if I'll keep the trem-stop on this guitar or not.
    It's also got 9 gauge strings that I'll swap for 10s or 11s, but it's okay for now. The action is super low with minimal string buzz (I'll need to raise the action a little since it's a little too low for my liking), and the neck reminds me a little of the Jackson "speed neck", not too thin or too thick. It's very well made and plays great! It's a 2010 model so it's still made in Korea. I hear the new ones for 2011 are made in China now.
    BCR1.jpg

BCR2.jpg

BCR3.jpg

BCR4.jpg
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Nice! My 2nd favorite super strat.

Comment

Doesn't look very yellow. Must be the lighting making it look more of a natural finish.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The lighting isn't that bright in my house, and I just used my cell phone to take pics. The ebay pics make it look a little brighter yellow than it is. It's definitely got a slight orange/gold tint to it, not real bright day-glo/neon yellow from the '80s.

Comment

Joe's photography is well known around here. He has set a new.... "mark" in photography history, hehe.
          The guitar is very cool, Joe! Congrats. How is the fretwork on such a Korean thing? Did they take the time to dress them properly or are they rough? I've never owned a newer Korean axe, that's why I'm asking.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That's killer. If the prices on those are right, I'd almost want to send one to Dan for a Nagel graphic.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
              Joe's photography is well known around here. He has set a new.... "mark" in photography history, hehe.
              The guitar is very cool, Joe! Congrats. How is the fretwork on such a Korean thing? Did they take the time to dress them properly or are they rough? I've never owned a newer Korean axe, that's why I'm asking.
              Yeah, my photo skills usually suck. They're not half as bad as they used to be, though.

The fretwork on this guitar is excellent, very smooth and silky! I did have a Korean LTD Eclipse with P-90s that was pretty cool, had decent fretwork, but not as nice as this. Korean guitars have come a long way.

Comment

Damnit, that's cool then, I'm surprised. I would have thought meh! on the the fretwork. And I agree on your skills. You have improved immensely! Now I can make out if it's a guitar or a cat you're showing us! j/k bro!
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  The lighting isn't that bright in my house, and I just used my cell phone to take pics. The ebay pics make it look a little brighter yellow than it is. It's definitely got a slight orange/gold tint to it, not real bright day-glo/neon yellow from the '80s.
                  Dang man your cell phone doesn't like whatever lights you were using hehe. The pics make it look like a TV LPJ. That said, it would look badass in that color.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Good snag Joe cool guitars.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                      That's killer. If the prices on those are right, I'd almost want to send one to Dan for a Nagel graphic.
                      Pricing is quite reasonable
                      I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                        If the prices on those are right, I'd almost want to send one to Dan for a Nagel graphic.
                        Great minds thinks alike. I've already talked to Dan about it. Just waiting for the right time to pick one up.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                          Damnit, that's cool then, I'm surprised. I would have thought meh! on the the fretwork. And I agree on your skills. You have improved immensely! Now I can make out if it's a guitar or a cat you're showing us! j/k bro!
                          after years of not listening, he finally took notice when I told him that running past the guitar as he takes the photo doesn't make it look like "it plays roolly fast!!!1 R0xoRz!!1"
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Congratz!!! Yours is like mine as I have a ToneZone in it but to block the Floy, I have a "Tremol-No"...
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Thanks. I've always loved the TZ, and it rocks in this guitar! I gotta get rid of those spiderweb 9s, though. I'll probably just keep the trem-stop and add a D-Tuna. I also have an old German Floyd laying around I can put it, but the Korean version seems fine. The only thing that's a little different, as far as I can tell now, are the fine tuners.

Comment

Working...
                              X