The 'Bird Has Landed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'Bird Has Landed

Okay, some of you may have seen my thread HERE about my disappointment with the SLSMG I got from E-Bay recently. Well, I put it back on the 'Bay and got nothing but jerked around. So anyway, problem solved. Today I went to a couple of pawn shops and traded it for this:

It's a B.C. Rich Mockingbird - NJ Classic Series.

Neck-through construction
    Maple top with Mahogany wings
    Fixed Tune-O-Matic bridge
    Bound neck and headstock
    Individual Volume knobs, One tone
    25.5" scale
    Ebony board
    24 jumbo frets
    "Cloud" Mother of Pearl inlays

This thing feels exactly like a USA Soloist in my hands. I'm talking 100%. I couldn't get used to the skinny SLSMG neck and then I couldn't sell it for love or money. Plus, it just so happens that I had recently been admiring an SL2H in Natural on E-Bay. Yes, it's an import (Korean) but so was the SLSMG. I normally won't even look at a B.C. Rich these days because all I see are the low-end Bronze Series guitars. But this bad boy is a whole different animal.

I had been looking for a hardtail and that's what got this whole sordid mess with the SLSMG started.

Anyway, the dilemma is over and I'm happy.

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Pretty cool! Congrats!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I had one just like it. I regret selling it . I picked mine up for reaaaal cheap. Like 350$ case and jack. I'Ve since played some made in china equivalents, and I don't much care for them. The rosewood boards are dried out and even though it looks the same, it feels unrefined. The guys in Korea just have it down now, china is going to need some more practice.

Good purchase man, enjoy her!

Comment

I played on just like that for about a year..BC Rich might be selling chinese guitars, but that one, and the matching bich I got plain out rocked period, the ebony fretboard was tops, I could press down so hard my fingers would bleed, thats metal!

Comment

I would have traded too good score!
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X