New Lefty V project!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lefty V project!!!

About six months ago I bought a V body off Craigs for $30 bucks. It had no routes or finish. So that told me to make it a LEFTY! :thumbsup
    It looks like walnut and maple for sure, but i'm unsure if the wings are maple or alder? Also, the wood laminated to the walnut looks like mahogany. I'd hope to get some help on what these woods are.
    I dont have a router or any templates, so I had a local luthier route me up and drill most of the holes needed for a single humbucker, on/off switch for around 40 bucks.
    I ran into a few problems such as not using a drill press on most of the holes besides the neck pocket. I broke a few screws in the process of mock up. :arrg
    Also, since the luthier was going off the bookmatch walnut, he routed out the neck pocket a little off. We put a sliver of walnut in there and its corrected now. Also, I was a numbskull when drilling out the output jack and went a little too close to the top of the guitar.
    I orignally wanted to go raw and give it a tung oil treatment, but then decided to give it a green stain. Well after sanding the body, I started to get sand-thru. :arrg So I opted to just go down to the bare wood and tung it up.
    The neck is a 1.75" birdseye warmoth/ebony neck I got off the bay. it had a break at the scarf joint that I fixed. I used a flatmount Kahler that was laying around and a Dimarzio Evolution. I hope it sounds well in this guitar.
    Lots of words, sorry!
    PICS:

"Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Looks cool, good work!

Comment

Very cool. Looks like it might be koa around the walnut.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Working...
        X