X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
    Cheers again guys.

What did you get javert?
    Mazrim, here's a pic. It's an S2 and the color is white transparent or grayish (the color is a bit difficult to see from the photo - it was really dark in my office when I took it). The guitar is so beautiful and feels and sounds awesome. The wood just resonates so well. You can really feel it's a high-quality instrument.

Comment

Beautiful.
      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Suhr's are awesome. I am a big fan.

Comment

This is what today's rock-oriented, truly professional solid body guitars should look like! Top hardware, innovative and practical features (that neck treatment), versatile switching and killer looks!

As much as I love Charvels, I wish they would get out of that '80s nostalgic comfort zone and really come up with an amazing guitar like this one...

Comment

Very cool...love those necks..

Comment

This new trend of cooking neck and fingerboard woods makes me a bit nervous about how it will affect their long term life. (I'm talking 20+ years) I would think it would tend to make the wood a lot more brittle and likely to snap if say the headstock took a bit of a hit.

Love the green swirl paint on this one though, it looks badass.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks for all the props, guys.
                I've since done some recording with it and it records like a dream too. You just cant over-saturate those Aldrich pups no matter what and I was piling gain onto them. So they make pretty ace pick ups too.

Apparently vulcanisation doesnt make the neck more brittle. Remember, this isn't like it's been in a fire.
                It probably wouldn't work with some woods (guess) but maple is so dense and solid to begin with that dehydrating it makes little or no difference to the structure of the wood except for the benefit that it wouldn't flex or warp.

Anyway, this guitar will be buried with me in a Pyramid on Mars in some far distant future, along with my servants, gear and cars. And the neck will still be as straight as Hugh Hefner.
                All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
                X