My favorite BC Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite BC Rich

I have always loved the Rico family products! LOL USA B.C. Rich necks have always felt like they were made for my hand. Here is my favorite Rich.. a ST-III in Glitterrock White. I know folks are going to say that it isn't USA because its not on the headstock.. but according to Neal Moser himself... it is! Before I bought this I sent him a picture and he said "YEP.. I probably wired that one up myself". I asked him why there was no "made in usa" emblem on it and he simply stated "We probably didn't have them in yet". I only payed 220.00 for that guitar b/c they also thought it wasn't a USA. I've owned easily a dozen ST-III's over the years and the necks have always been consistently good. This one sustains every bit as well as my SL2H. It kinda irritates me that it does for some reason.
    It has a Tone Zone in the bridge.. stock middle.. and a duncan quarter pound in the neck (awesome pup). I've been wanting to get rid of the edge trem on there and put on an original floyd but I don't have the $$$$ right now and hard to find someone that would want to swap LOL.

That is a AMAZING looking axe. I mean it looks normal, but it's exactly my type o guitar. Sounds like a piece of history and a sick deal. I cant tell, but from here that looks like an Ibanez Edge trem. I'm prolly wrong.. Sick guitar. I've always wanted a US ST-III. I've only ever found a Class Axe ST-III and it was garbage, but the owner before put a real floyd on it and dimarzio pick ups and for 120$, I was getting a good deal. I installed a cheap bridge and humbucker and sold it fo 350after lol. Anyways nice one dude!

Comment

They were all over the place about 10 years ago. I've literally owned over a dozen.. I've lost track of exactly how many. The only bad one I ever had was a yellow one that had a hump in the neck. About 6 months or so back I had stainless steel frets put on this one and it plays smooooooth.
      I've never owned a Class Axe but I've heard folks say that they really did get a bum rap.

OH.. and yeah.. the USA ST-IIIs came with Ibanez Edge trems. Weird, huh?

Comment

I was heavy in BC rich's when i was about 15. I'd spend all my times on the BC rich forum hosted by HHI. Like circa 2003-04 ish. Yeah People were picking up for about 300-500$. I guess now they picked up some great values, but before that they were the last best kept US secret out there. It's cool they have edge trems, those are my favorites. I play a lot of Ibanez guitars. I've have a couple of jems and nice RG's, but that looks like my dream axe. Strat shape, nice pointy headstock, 3 mini switches and an original edge. Any vids of her in action?

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive... This is the solo that won me the Steel Panther Vegas contest.

Comment

SICK No way , i can't believe you're the one who won that contest :O. I looked at all the solo for that and there were some crazy guys in there, but you got some great chops and that solo is perfect for the song. Some of the other entries were good, but overdone ? Anyways. Holy shit dude. It's like meeting jesus. That guitar sounds great too. Man i must sound like a kiss ass lol, but it feels surreal cause i was really into those submission. Also, when i was sifting through the solos i never found your video. that's weird.

By the way, what were you playing through in that vid.

Comment

It took over 1/2 year to find out I won. I actually forgot about the contest and then one day BAM an email from Universal. I thought it was BS at first b/c there were some GREAT players in there and I never really thought of myself as "good". The first question I asked Russ Parrish was who choose the winner and he said that he did (which is REALLY what I wanted to hear). He said he liked the phrasing of it and then we talked about some of the shredding going on in the others and that its not about who can play the fastest but what works. Needless to say I was stoked.

I took my SL2H from Virginia to Vegas and was worried sick about it on the plane. It showed up IN TUNE... but one of the solder joints came loose so my volume was cutting in and out but I didn't care! LOL

They were all super cool guys and without a doubt one of the TIGHTEST live acts i've ever seen. They invited me and my wife out the next night to Green Valley Ranch to play with them again, but I opted to just watch the show. Pauly Z from Z02 sang some Zep with them that night. Those guys are some of the funniest I've ever met. Russ has played with War & Peace, Fight, Atomic Punks, taught at GIT, was Paul Gilbert's roommate, all kinds of cool things but some folks just think he is "Satchel" and thats it. I think some idiots think Steel Panther is not an act. Russ burns it up.

The amp I played through for the solo on the video was my Line6 Vetta II... using the "Purge" model which is a juiced up JMP

Here are some pics:

Comment

Thats really cool,congrats man,really nice guitar too,love those
                Addicted to that Rush..

Comment

No spandex getup for you that night, Josh? Hee hee
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool story, perfect tasty solo, grats on that man.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      No spandex getup for you that night, Josh? Hee hee
                      They tried to get me to put some on and "metal up".. I asked if they came in XXXL. They tried to convince me that a pair of Stix's would fit me. Doesn't help when your wife is yelling "Yeah.. put em on.. put em on".

Comment

Nice story! Cool solo! Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I have one BCR - a USA ST-III and it's a very nice guitar. I found it in a Nashville craigslist for $400. I love Jacksons and Charvels, but the BCR with the quarter sawn neck all the way to the tip without a scarf join seems superior to me than Jackson's design.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            I have one BCR - a USA ST-III and it's a very nice guitar. I found it in a Nashville craigslist for $400. I love Jacksons and Charvels, but the BCR with the quarter sawn neck all the way to the tip without a scarf join seems superior to me than Jackson's design.
                            SCORE! Any pics?

Comment

I still need a case for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X