got around to taking some good pics of my My Bernie Rico CS 7 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got around to taking some good pics of my My Bernie Rico CS 7 string

Well when I finally got around to being ready to order a CS 7 from GMW he decided he wasn't going to make ny more , so I got in touch with Bernie and spec'd out a 7.
    I used to have an 88 CS jackson soloist that I foolishly sold that I dearly miss, so I
    decided to spec this one based on that one.
    All mahogany (neck and body)
    Quilted maple top
    Ebony board
    abalone diamond inlays
    6100 SS frets
    Bound neck and HS
    20 " fret board radius
    Bernies 'shred" neck profile
    OFR trem
    Crunchlab/Liquifire pickups
    Push Pull volume pot that only splits the neck PUP.
    I love this thing, I've had it since November and all of my other guitars have become case queens since I got it..
    I don't love the Crunchlab (not a great lead pickup but super tight for rhythm) so I a
    have BK HolyDiver on order for it. the Liquifire is pretty cool so I'm good with leaving that in there.
    Pics

Last edited by kmanick; 02-25-2011, 11:32 AM.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Very nice!
    BLS/SDMF

Comment

Love it. It's too classy looking for plastic control cover plates though, you should get some black anodized aluminum ones!
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Love it. It's too classy looking for plastic control cover plates though, you should get some black anodized aluminum ones!
        didn't really even think about that but now that you mention it, it would be add a nice touch.

Comment

Nice, like the headstock on it too, did you draw that one up?

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
            Nice, like the headstock on it too, did you draw that one up?
            No, when I approached Bernie I told him I wanted something more traditional looking.
            We took the Hesperian body and trimmed the horns a little bit.
            This is a new HS he came up with called the "retro". On mine it's reversed and in a 2+5.
            He showed it to me unfinished and reversed and I liked it so we went with it.
            this is the 6 string version and is available as one of his new production headstocks.

Last edited by kmanick; 02-25-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I have just soiled myself.

Comment

Very nice guitar! Congratz!

I've checked Bernie Rico's web site a few times and he has some awesome guitars over there.
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

great looking axe nick...the headstock shape is totally cool
                  www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                  My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Bad-ass! Makes me want to do a CS with Bern. Will have to wait.

Comment

Great looking guitar, the headstock reminds me of a Caparison.

Comment

Is it possible to describe the neck, maybe compare it to something else?

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan_josh View Post
                          Is it possible to describe the neck, maybe compare it to something else?
                          Sure, I played a bunch of Ricos before I ordered this and the neck was what made me really want one.
                          Bernies' "shredder "profile is very similar in feel to a Jackson soloist. The back shape is very similar to how a soloist feels.
                          The front is a different story. A 20" radius is very flat and at first it threw me but now that I'm used to it I absolutely love it.
                          (6100 Stainless steel frets also contributes to the effortless feel of this guitar).
                          Bernie also makes his floyded necks a touch wider to compensate for the floyd string spacing. If you look closely at the neck shots
                          you'll see that the low B and the High E strings are not right on the edge of the fret board. There is some room there and it
                          makes a huge difference. You can get really aggressive and not worry about string pull off (which is a lot more common with 7's than it should be). take a look at a Petrucci 7 string some time and look how close the high E is to the edge of the board (yuck)
                          Bernie has a couple of different neck profiles but his "shredder" feels the closest to a Jackson.
                          He has a slimmer one that will appeal to the Ibby heads and a thicker one as well.

Comment

Cool.. thanks for the description! I always wished my guitars had extra real estate on the edges.. I have been playing with 9's and will often knock the strings off the edge. It can make for some interesting sounds!

Comment

Rico guitars are top notch in every way. I have a custom from him nothing short of the best guitar I have ever picked up.
                              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X