les paul questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• les paul questions

Anyone know what les pauls were available with maple necks and ebony boards, slim profile neck im thinking the mid-late 70's customs?

Really i have no clue, any input would be appreciated

Norlin era Customs had maple necks and ebony boards. The current Gibson Zakk Wylde bullseye Custom also has those specs.

Comment

My 81 custom has those specs.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

As does my 1977 Custom.

I went looking for the same exact thing. Look for 77 to 81 Customs to be on the safe side. You might get maple with 75-76 or 82 as well. I liked 77 because they went back to a solid body. John Sykes uses a 78. Not sure what year Zakk is using.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          As does my 1977 Custom.

I went looking for the same exact thing. Look for 77 to 81 Customs to be on the safe side. You might get maple with 75-76 or 82 as well. I liked 77 because they went back to a solid body. John Sykes uses a 78. Not sure what year Zakk is using.
          I believe zakks original bullseye is an 81. My 78 standard has the 3pc maple neck but rosewood board... I have a 93 standard ltd ed that has an ebony board but mahogany neck. Youre right on 77-81 customs... dunno what year they went back to mahogany.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
            dunno what year they went back to mahogany.
            1982. Trust me, I researched which years had maple necks when I went looking for mine.

Comment

I'm guessing that as with most guitar manufacture dates, there is some spillover? Cos I had an '83 Custom that had a maple neck.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                I'm guessing that as with most guitar manufacture dates, there is some spillover? Cos I had an '83 Custom that had a maple neck.
                Absolutely. Do you have any pictures of it (the maple neck and the headstock s/n)?

Comment

thanks, so i was on the right track, im on the search for one

Comment

Working...
                  X