Any info on this BC Rich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info on this BC Rich?

This is one of my biggest regrets. I let this one go during hard times. There can't be many made because I just can't find them. I could kick myself for this.

Here is what I THINK I know. Its a BC Rich MB-1. Had 24 frets, ebony board. It was physically heavy and tone heavy too. I'm thinking it was Mahogany. Also had a very thick and wide neck.

I've never seen one with BC rich on the headstock. I've seen them with Mason's own name but never a BC Rich one. The guy I bought it from had a black one and a white one.

I wish I had it back.... BAD.

?

Maybe try a BC Rich forum?

Comment

That's a weird Kramer(esp sharp banana) headstock on there too. I don't know much about it, but there are a ton of weird designs and models that came out from the US production during the Class axe days. Not saying it's class axe. It could be later. Either way, looks like you let go of a sweet guitar there buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
        That's a weird Kramer(esp sharp banana) headstock on there too. I don't know much about it, but there are a ton of weird designs and models that came out from the US production during the Class axe days. Not saying it's class axe. It could be later. Either way, looks like you let go of a sweet guitar there buddy
        How to cheer up a guy when he's feeling down!!!
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

The old salt in the wound. LOL Eh... we live to play another day I guess. If its meant to be.. it will come back to me. I had an 81 Les Paul custom that I sold, bought back over a year later, then sold again (I'll never learn). I bought it from a guy who was hard up for 550.00 LOL

Comment

I believe in tough love . I've made some dumb decisions myself. I miss my 1987 Jem777sk with the rare palm cover lol, but you know Il get a 777 again one of these days. hopefully lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
              That's a weird Kramer(esp sharp banana) headstock on there too. (
              No, it's not weird. B.C. Rich used that headstock on a few different models.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Early Assassin model maybe IDK.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i know theyused to use that headstick for the NJ Jr v
                  Last edited by loki: god of chaos; 02-23-2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

they did a year or two ago. idk now

Comment

looks like a mid-late 90s Assassin.

Its a shame that the Class Axe stuff got such a bad reputation. all they really did was make a handful of (Crappy) import lines (Rave Series...ouch), which is the same mistake that Kramer made, you don't need 4 lines of plywood guitars. The USA stuff from Class Axe wasn't as good as the Rico years, but they were still fine guitars
                      Out Of Ideas

Comment

A friend of mine has a late 90s handmade Assassin with that headstock. I've seen it on many BCRs including Ignitors.

Comment

Here is the neck plate. Based on the Mason Bernard guitar which looks EXACTLY the same aside from headstock logo, they were all hand made using A+ materials. I did some more digging and found out that these were actually made in 1998 and 1999 AFTER the Mason Bernard guitars. I'm also remembering why I sold it. The neck was so thick that it hurt my hand to play any chords more complex than a power chord! LOL I'd still like to have it back.

Here is a video of Tony MacAlpine playing a Mason Bernard

Comment

Working...
                          X