Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&L or Fender?

What would you guys go for?

I do not want to spend a whole bunch of money on a USA... but I want some kind of fender sound which my Jackson Simply can not do...

So G&L Legacy or Fender MIM?

Or something else you guys can think of Cheap and Decent Quality

must have a maple fretboard
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

G&L's are cool but have some wonky features. Watch out for their 1 5/8" nuts, shoddy wiring, and plastic locking bridges.

Comment

How about this one?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ku=502393#used
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

just go fender. if you want a fender sound, get a fender. if you want a bit more kick in the bridge position, add an SD lil 59. my MIM strat is amazing and i gig with it regularly. even when it was bone stock it was a killer guitar. now it has a tortise pickguard....

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Real G&L's - not the Tribute series - eat Fenders alive. Hands down. They are great feeling, playing and sounding strats without question and I've never met one that wasn't impeccably detailed. Quality instrument.

My faves are the Invader and the Legacy HB - monster guitars.

The G&L trem bridges are very nice - they sound great and they play great and stay in tune. They just look really, really weird.

Based on your post - MIM vs G&L - I assume you're looking at the G&L Tribute series. I've played a couple, but will reserve comment on these budget instruments.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

I have played on many MIM Fenders... they are ok... I think I am going to stay away from the G&L Legacy... Thanks Guys for the Help
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

This one is gorgeous:

-------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Well I bought this Charvel Click Here to View

So the Maple fretboard itch has been scratched... now to find a "Professional Limited '91"

oh and a shit load of throw around money
                Last edited by Nimitz; 02-16-2011, 04:34 AM.
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

G&L (American) usually are better guitars than Fender American Standards, but resale on G&Ls are crap. The Fender name still sells, period.

Korean Tributes can trump MIMs, but not always.

Chinese or Indo Tribs, no way. MIM wins.
                  Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    Real G&L's - not the Tribute series - eat Fenders alive. Hands down. They are great feeling, playing and sounding strats without question and I've never met one that wasn't impeccably detailed. Quality instrument.

My faves are the Invader and the Legacy HB - monster guitars.

The G&L trem bridges are very nice - they sound great and they play great and stay in tune. They just look really, really weird.

Based on your post - MIM vs G&L - I assume you're looking at the G&L Tribute series. I've played a couple, but will reserve comment on these budget instruments.
                    If you can find an early enough one, there's a chance it was made by Jackson. Grover was building stuff for G&L, Music Man, and BC Rich in the early times.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                      If you can find an early enough one, there's a chance it was made by Jackson. Grover was building stuff for G&L, Music Man, and BC Rich in the early times.

sully
                      Sweet...

Thanks for all the info guys!
                      sigpic
                      Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                      X