join me in my hatred for dean guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sully View Post
    I have no love or hatred for Dean. Did any of you guys know that Dean was 2nd in line (behind Fender) when Jackson was bought? True story.

Chris, I don't get your reference to Jackson, Robbin, and Big Red, though; can you clarify? That guitar was not an official signature guitar and some of the things that were planned to happen with JCF 02 were not allowed because it would've become a signature series.

Sully
    Well look at how many different versions of the Rhoads that have been made by Jackson AND Charvel over the years that no one ran those variants by Randy. So what is really the difference. Not just JCF series guitars etc.. How do we know Randy wouldn't have rejected ANY boltneck version? We don't, but those guitars are still tributes to Randy. We know he liked the ones they built him, and we know that Dime liked the ones Dean built for him as well as the old pawnshop guitars he picked up and modded. So I see that as an equal thing and fine for each to do. And Dime DID approve the Razorbacks just before he died, I don't know about the full-on Vs, but the Razorbacks were rolled out with the notice of his signing to Dean so he obviously approved of them.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Since I can't find one that I consider a reasonable candidate for company judgement, I essentially have no comment. That said, I have no particular inclination to play one at all. I don't even like the shapes. (Cadillac is kinda neat though).

Anyone else think DBZ guitars are uglier than the Deans? Especially on the LP-shaped models, with that little thingy they have on the side of the bodies (cant describe it... sort of like an overlay?)
      I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
      X