schecter c-1 opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schecter c-1 opinions?

Has anybody played the schecter c-1 custom? What did you think? It looks good on paper but I haven't found one locally to try out and have never played a schecter.

Not a C-1 Custom, but I owned a C-1 Classic, and it was a phenomenal guitar. I didn't like the TOM that much, and there were other guitars floating about my nose, so I ultimately let it go.

My friend swears by Schecter's. Definitely give it a look.

Comment

A friend had a Schecter, don't remember which version exactly. He liked it except for one thing. The neck moved on it quite a bit. One day it played great for him, the next it would require a truss rod tweak because of fret buzz. The cycle continued no matter what he did and he is a very experienced tech. It went bye bye.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        A friend had a Schecter, don't remember which version exactly. He liked it except for one thing. The neck moved on it quite a bit. One day it played great for him, the next it would require a truss rod tweak because of fret buzz. The cycle continued no matter what he did and he is a very experienced tech. It went bye bye.
        Green wood. I've heard that complaint a lot on the lower-end stuff from a few companies, they don't let the wood season long enough and it moves around, and you can only hope that in a few years when it settles down, wherever it ends up isn't back-bowed with the truss rod loose and 11's on it.

Comment

Hmmm, I've heard that a few times as well. Maybe I'll look for a used one that is a few years old and has settled in. I had a chance yesterday to play a c-1 standard and it played very well but I think I want to try the custom for the ebony board and better pups. I think it will make a good backup to my sls for a fraction of the cost.

Comment

I had a c+ a few years back awesome guitar. I know some of there stuff is now make in indonesia or china, make sure the model you are looking at is still made in Korea.

Comment

Supposedly LTD and even ESP are the same (wood not seasoned) as it's part of that whole "keeping costs down" angle to cut the trees down when you need them or whatever.

In any case the Schecters are supposed to be good-sounding guitars and for how cheap they are it's almost worth getting a bad one. Personally I just can't deal with the 3x3 HS on the Strat body.

Comment

I actually prefer the 3+3 with straight through strings for tuning stability. I don't really like floyds and prefer strat style fixed bridges but TOMs are okay. Basically I want another SLS I've also contemplated giving a carvin a whirl as I can get something similar from them as well and they make great guitars. Maybe I should start a thread to find all the models/builds with the specs I like since I haven't had much luck looking myself.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                  yep.

i teach, and every one ive tried feels cheap. You get what you pay for. any model series destroys these guitars.
                  Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                    yep.

i teach, and every one ive tried feels cheap. You get what you pay for. any model series destroys these guitars.
                    Actually I have a very expensive US Jackson that does that. The moving neck I mean.

Comment

I decided to roll the dice on the schecter, if I don't like it I'll just sell it. I traded my sl4 for a c1 custom that is much more in line for my style of guitar. Can in today so I haven't really tinkered with it yet but on first inspection it looks pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by mjtripper View Post
                        Actually I have a very expensive US Jackson that does that. The moving neck I mean.
                        Thats odd, not saying it can't happen but I have USA Jacksons that sometimes literally stay in tune nearly perfectly between one gig to the next. I don't really experience that with other brands.
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have to say most of my USA Jacksons that sit in the cases for extended periods are still in tune when I decide to play one.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have 4 US Jacksons and 3 of them are just fine but the neck on one of them moves frequently. Frustrates me to no end.

Comment

Working...
                            X