Ibanez Hardware question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Hardware question...

I just picked up a very nice Ibanez RGT42BP and it is in need of some parts.

Its missing both pickup height adjustment screws and springs for the neck pickup.
    I have an entire box of long adjustment screws but they are all too thick.
    The pickups in the guitar are the stock Ibanez INF1 and INF2. Does anybody know what size screws I need? The local music stores don't carry them.
    Also, I need a whammy bar. Its a Low TRSII trem so its takes the whammy bar that has the little threaded collar on it. I have a bunch of extra bars laying around but they are all either pop in or screw in. Again, the local music stores don't have them.

BTW... this is going to be a very nice guitar once I get it back together. Its black pearl which is a flip flop type color. 24 jumbo frets, bound neck, matched painted headstock, neck thru body, 2 hums, 1 vol, 1 tone, 5 pos slide switch. Reminds me very much of a Carvin but with a thinner neck. I had a few Ibanez Prestige models and some USA customs and this one is every bit as good. I think its about 5 years old.
    All the hardware on it is a silver pewter type finish. Even the pickup rings are metal.
    Came with a very nice case and I got it for a great price because the neck pickup was held in with duct tape, the hardware is tarnished, the strap buttons are loose and its missing the whammy bar. Its basically just a neglected guitar. Neck, frets and all the important stuff are like new.
    I will get that all sorted out and turn this one back into a proper shredder.

Wow, so Ibanez can't use the same damn screws that every other guitar company uses? Ridiculous.

Comment

I believe this site will have you covered for everything:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm

Comment

Thanks, I might replace the entire bridge with an OFR once I get it all back together. They really roast the Lo TRS 2 bridge on the Ibanez forum. Its supposedly a total POS that doesn't stay in tune so that has me a little worried.
        I think alot of that roasting could be improper useage and set up by the owners though.
        They also seem to agree that the INF1 and INF2 pickups are junk. I had them in other guitars and I thought they were fine. People also think that the V1, V2 and V3 pickups are junk too and I don't agree with that either.

Comment

Working...
        X