Schecter Roundhorn V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Roundhorn V

I don't know if its been posted yet, but this is a new 2011 V from schecter. I thought it looked like something from an old Ratt video. Its also a roundhorn floyded V. Not a Jackson, but...

Nice looking guitar for a Schecter. I like the red binding and volume nob placement. Still nothing truly beats a Jackson when it comes to Vs.
    -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Schecter's been doing roundhorn Vs for awhile now, and Gary Holt from Exodus is also using them (since he left Bernie Rico, Jr.) and a signature model is supposed to be in the works.

Edit: I guess that is his sig model. http://www.schecterguitars.com/Artist/17/Exodus.aspx
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Like round horns but that is on the meh side.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Schecter's been doing roundhorn Vs for awhile now, and Gary Holt from Exodus is also using them (since he left Bernie Rico, Jr.)
          His Vixen was way cooler than this. I wonder why he left Bernie Rico Jr? I can only guess that Schecter has more money to throw at endorsers.

Comment

Jeff Loomis was playing a 7 string version this last year.

Excuse the fucked phone pic.

-Nate
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

^ Yeah I remember that guitar now, I saw Nevermore not too long ago playing here at Slim's in San Francisco.
              -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                I don't know if its been posted yet, but this is a new 2011 V from schecter. I thought it looked like something from an old Ratt video. Its also a roundhorn floyded V. Not a Jackson, but...
                That's the new Gary Holt signature Schecter.

Schecter is taking all of their "Reverse Roundhorns" out of production, and I THINK only using this model.

Comment

Originally posted by dmccarthy View Post
                  His Vixen was way cooler than this. I wonder why he left Bernie Rico Jr? I can only guess that Schecter has more money to throw at endorsers.
                  He claimed they were too expensive.

Comment

That headstock doesn't suit a V body, otherwise it looks quite nice.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Looks much better with the longer wing on top.
                      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by dmccarthy View Post
                        Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                        He claimed they were too expensive.
                        Yes, I remember him saying they were expensive. Maybe it's on the Live At Wacken DVD. I know there's some clips on the DVD with him playing both the Schecter and the Bernie Ricos.

Comment

First Schecter that I've liked since the old days of the custom Strats.
                          Sin Quirin of Ministry played a couple of these on their last tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                            Looks much better with the longer wing on top.
                            It does. I remember thinking the others looked odd with the slightly longer lower wing.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                              ^ Yeah I remember that guitar now, I saw Nevermore not too long ago playing here at Slim's in San Francisco.
                              Funny... I was at the same show =) How did you enjoy the outdoor festival beforehand? lol

-Nate
                              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                              X