Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The truth about those Jay Turser Strat and Tele copies please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about those Jay Turser Strat and Tele copies please?

I need a cheap Tele copy to toy around with and teach my oldest how to play on. Are those Jay Turser copies any better than say, the Squire brands they sell?

Are they plywood or real wood ad what is the overall opinion on them?

Any reviews or input would be well received!

I never took the neck off but they don't list a wood so it' probably plywood, not that bad of guitars though. The odds are that they are made at the same factory as the squiers in china too.

Comment

Plywood.

And it honestly depends which you get. I've played 3 which were terrible, I played two (that were worn in and adjusted) and they played fairly good.

Comment

For the money, these can't be beat. My friend has one, fit and finish is damn good we put a GFS Tele pickup set in and it wails.
        http://www.rondomusic.com/furrianmnvwh.html

Comment

I'd rather have plywood with good hardware than real wood with tuners that don't hold.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            I'd rather have plywood with good hardware than real wood with tuners that don't hold.
            Especially if you're a beginner.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
              Especially if you're a beginner.
              It's very hard to learn to play when you spend more time tuning then playing
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                It's very hard to learn to play when you spend more time tuning then playing
                True, however it could also be frustrating buying your son a USA Jackson and he quits after 3 days.

Just change the tuners. If you're buying a guitar for $100, what's another $30?

Comment

I bought my son a cheap Drive guitar....It stays in tune but would like to see him play it. He's touched it like 5 times in 3 years and he had to have a guitar.
                  It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                    I bought my son a cheap Drive guitar....It stays in tune but would like to see him play it. He's touched it like 5 times in 3 years and he had to have a guitar.
                    You need to kick his slacker ass!!!

I've got two nephews - same thing. Their parents don't push them at all.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

What about Godin guitars, they're made out there in Quebec. They're not that bad, might be able to get a good deal on one.
                      You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Working...
                      X