NGD - Strattastic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Strattastic!

Well I've been away a while and the herd has grown somewhat, no pointies though but I thought I'd share the latest lady in my life with you.

This all came from seeing Philip Sayce live and some of my friends getting new Strats. So I resisted for as long as I could but then this guitar popped up before me and I made the mistake of going into the shop and trying it out. Ooooops...

So here we go, the newest member of the family, she's a Fender CS Relic 62 limited run for the UK market only. It's a lightweight 2 piece alder body with a straight grain 65 big C neck with a 10" radius, 6105 Dunlop frets and a Brazilian rosewood slab board. Pickups are a set of Abigail custom winds. The candy apple red just tops it off for me.

It's an awesome guitar to play and I definitely made the right choice. It's a very stratty sounding Strat (if you know what I mean) there's plenty of quack in poistions 2 and 4. Normally I'd be looking to change something on it to make it better, but there's nothing about her I want to change at the moment.

Anyway here's a pic of her with her sister and distant cousin.

Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

That's classy.

Comment

What is lightweight for a strat? I have a MIM 50s and the entire guitar weighs a little over 7lbs. I don't if this is normal or light for a strat.

Comment

Mine weighs in at around 7lbs and 14oz with its strap. I've got another CS Fender which is a tele and that one is just under 6lbs 14oz also with its strap. That tele is the most resonant guitar I own, the bloody thing is trying to shake itself to bits every time I play it.

I've no idea what how fender class what's light or not.
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Cool. I know what's heavy and light and normal for LP's but not for Strats.

Comment

Working...
          X