No announcement yet.

New Vinnie Vincent guitar coming soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vinnie Vincent guitar coming soon?

It's been coming for a long time but it looks like the time of a new, official Vinnie Vincent guitar may soon be here.

Vinnie has said recently that he intended to show a new guitar at the next NAMM show.

Doing a search on Vinnie Vincent at the NAMM website gives these results:

TM1
    BRANDS: Vinnie Vincent Model Guitar.
    (855) 882-9172
    [email protected]
    www.vinnievincentmodelguitar.com
    Booth# 1680 (Hall E)

VINNIE VINCENT MODEL GUITAR
    CORP. AFFILIATE: TM1
    (855) 882-9172
    [email protected]
    www.vinnievincentmodelguitar.com
    Booth# 1680 (Hall E)

So it looks like there will be "something" at the upcoming NAMM show. Wether it's guitars you can buy at the show or just models on display for ordering remains to be seen. I hope it's not just pictures of what they are doing.

Tom Palecki is meant to have been building prototypes for a while now, so hopefully something is finished and there is someone at the show with them. Tom built the Pear VVV back in the early 90's.

The website registered above is far from complete and the email address has not responded, but the email hasn't bounced either.

Im guessing theyd sell about 8 of them in a year.. 7 of those to the guy that runs the VV forum lol
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Ha ha, nobody that runs a Vinnie forum will probably buy one. The guy that ran the one you're probably thinking of probably won't pay what Vinnie is "probably" going to be asking for them.

I run the current Vinnie forum (long story) and I am definitely not in the market for a VVV at the prices I've heard.

Vinnie has a problem completing deals as he has a penchant to want to much money for stuff. It seems he would want new car $$$ for his old one if he was selling it, that kind of thing.

I actually don't know if they'll sell even one.

It is a start for Vinnie in the public eye again, which in itself is a good sign.

Comment

it's been close to 3 centuries since we ever heard anything from VV
        If he's trying to catch a bit of spotligt now, it way too late
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

It's never too late. For someone with so much talent it would be good if he get off his butt before he is unable to play or plain dies.

He just needs to be realistic about his fan base and how much he can charge for stuff. Steve Vai he ain't. He could be, but he has done nothing for so long he needs to start again to prove himself.

Comment

An original Jackson VVV is one of my dream guitars...
            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Yours and mine both!! That's a guitar with history.

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
                Vinnie has a problem completing deals as he has a penchant to want to much money for stuff. It seems he would want new car $$$ for his old one if he was selling it, that kind of thing.
                You ain't kidding..About 6 or 7 years ago I had heard through a mutual friend / aquaintence he was in need of money & looking to sell the pink formerly gold RR which at the time I thought could afford something like that so I tried to buy it. I think the 2nd communication I received was along the lines of " Mr Cusano asked me to inform you come up with $30,000 cash or bank check or you can fuck yourself" lol With an attitude like that its kind of hard to get anything accomplished.

I was never even the slightest VV fan.. but I do like RR's a whole lot...
                http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Originally posted by J_A / 540s View Post
                  ...I think the 2nd communication I received was along the lines of " Mr Cusano asked me to inform you come up with $30,000 cash or bank check or you can fuck yourself" lol With an attitude like that its kind of hard to get anything accomplished.

I was never even the slightest VV fan.. but I do like RR's a whole lot...
                  i would have replied, "gee, too bad mr. cusano has such an attitude; i would have have been MORE than willing to give him his price, in cash. too bad he has wasted his talent. there are other early RR guitars out there, and other 'rockstar' guitars for purchase for less. good day, sir."
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I wonder what happened to the agreement he had with Ed Roman.... I always liked the VVV and it was most likely in the running for a JCF model if we coulda kept it going.
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Oh don't say that Sully, a VVV JCF would have been totally awesome.

I think the deal with Ed went sour once again because of Vinnie's problems with deals involving money. Another case of Vinnie screwing himself and his fans as well. He misses out and so do we.

JA/540s - That sounds like typical Vinnie. Because he played it, it's worth a ton. Maybe if you're a Vinnie fan with a LOT of money, but early Rhoads guitars have not reached that price point yet.

Do you still have the communications? Was he really that rude?

Comment

It's true, Vic! The decision was to wait a few years because the concern about the run becoming very V-heavy.
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'm sure it is Sullster, I was just like, wow, how cool. Too bad the run stopped. It was getting V heavy and a VVV is the most OTT V.

I've actually got a pretty cool replica VVV built by a guy called TJ Monster. He's actually a big Vinnie fan, which is why he makes them for fans like himself. It needs a refin though.

Comment

Working...
                          X