Ibanez Talman TM-71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Talman TM-71

Just scored one last night. Flawless mint unplayed condition.
    Its a beautiful guitar. Perfectly set up, no issues at all.
    It has stock medium output ceramic humbuckers in it.
    They remind me alot of vintage covered Gibson humbuckers. Very clear. They sound outstanding clean. Great tones in all 3 positions. When the distortion channel is on they are classic rock to vintage rock sounding. Not metal at all.
    It may sound unusual but they sound VERY much like Shaun Lanes guitar tone in Flying Piano's or Eric Johnsons tone in Cliffs of Dover. Its their medium output I think.
    I read that many guys who have these guitars rant and rave over them AFTER they replace the stock pickups. I could see that if you play metal.
    Overall unplugged tone of the guitar is very balanced. Fit and finish are both outstanding. Bound neck, nice big frets and the weight is on the light side with nice balance when standing up. I think these guitars were around $399.00 new and when they come up on Ebay they sell in the low to mid $200.00's. Thats a great deal.
    I picked it up as trade bait or to sell but I have no problem noodling around with it at home until it goes.
    Here is a pic.

my brother plays in a surf/rockabilly/psychadelic instrumental band. he uses one of those through a 1961 fender showman and a tube reverb unit. it is killer.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Its a very comfortable guitar to play standing or sitting.

Comment

Not what I was thinking at all. I guess they had a bunch of different "Talman" models. I remember the Talman was the guy from The Offspring's guitar. It was a very mid-90's retro syle guitar.

Anyway - congrats on a good deal.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

im looking for a holow guitar. hmm that may be on my list..
          no sig.....

Comment

How the heck do they make guitars this good and this cheap?
            I paid a little more for this mint flawless unplayed guitar than what you would pay for a First Act guitar at Walmart!
            The clean tones are all 1st rate.

Comment

Working...
            X