Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Musikraft necks w/Floyd shelf and top adjust? REALLY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musikraft necks w/Floyd shelf and top adjust? REALLY?

Musikraft shows on their order form you can do a "duel (sic) action adjust at head" along with a Floyd shelf.

Their order form is not very sophisticated so I'm wondering if this is a mistake or what. I mean, I realize the PC1 has a non-angled peghead and a head adjust so it's not impossible but...

Has anyone ever ordered a Strat-head, Floyd-nut neck with a head adjust truss rod?

Basically I've decided that removing the neck to adjust the truss rod is too much of a pain in the ass over the last three weeks of "It's 65 degrees and 70% humidity... Now it's 18 degrees and 20% humidity..." bullshit, but I don't care for the Warmoth Gotoh side-adjust too much because one of mine BROKE yesterday, and I got a good look at how it works once I split the fretboard off, and it's kind of a crap design.

you could order FR nuts back in the day that allowed for a Strat head truss rod adjustment up there,

I wonder if they still make those?
    Out Of Ideas

Comment

Yeah, they have them, with the little hole in them for the "bullet".

I'm thinking more of the PC1 style setup. I think I answered my own question though, their Ebay store's description for that add-on stipulates they won't do it with a "through-plug" or bullet adjust truss rod.

Crap.

Comment

Are the current MIM Fender Floyd Strats not top adust?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

They are. They use the Floyd nut with the half-hole in it.

Comment

Yes I have one.................
            Charvel CST 060 1992
            Charvel CST 070 1992
            Charvel CDS 090 1993
            Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
            Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
            Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
            Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
            Duesenberg 49er 2012
            Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
            Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
            History TH-LS Limited 2009
            History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

You have one what?

Top adjust with a Floyd nut?

A Floyd nut that does not have the half-hole in it, like an R3?

I'm going to crap a birthday cake if that's available!

Comment

Whats the issue here? Is it whether Musicraft makes one or if its just possible? Because I think the possible question is answered.
                Blank yo!

Comment

The possible question was answered in my first post, Tony.

The issue is getting one like I want, which may be possible from Musikraft. I want one set up more or less like a PC1, but 22 frets and with a Fender-size heel.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                    The possible question was answered in my first post, Tony.

The issue is getting one like I want, which may be possible from Musikraft. I want one set up more or less like a PC1, but 22 frets and with a Fender-size heel.
                    Did you ask them directly? They've always gotten back to my emails very quickly... usually with a "sorry we don't do that" unfortunately...
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Not yet. I'm actually still waiting for a response to my e-mail from yesterday about this time regarding something else... Maybe the sales guy is out sick.

I was hoping with all the Floyd nuts around here someone had done it.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                        I was hoping with all the Floyd nuts around here someone had done it.
                        Well, you know me - I wouldn't order one with a top adjust - that's like sacrelidge!

Are you going to get an unfinished neck and oil it yourself? I'm curious how that will turn out as I'm not interested in their shellac finish.
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Talk to Jim he will help you very nice guy...............
                          Charvel CST 060 1992
                          Charvel CST 070 1992
                          Charvel CDS 090 1993
                          Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                          Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                          Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                          Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                          Duesenberg 49er 2012
                          Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                          Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                          History TH-LS Limited 2009
                          History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            Well, you know me - I wouldn't order one with a top adjust - that's like sacrelidge!

Are you going to get an unfinished neck and oil it yourself? I'm curious how that will turn out as I'm not interested in their shellac finish.
                            No, I don't have anywhere to do a finish and coffee cans with rags with tung oil on them sitting around 10 feet from my furnace doesn't sit too well with me.

Plus the only other thing they offer is lacquer, and I can't deal with that.

I really don't want to remove the neck to adjust the truss rod. I keep my necks REALLY flat and it's a bitch to deal with taking the neck off all the time... I'm still checking out all the options. I mean, the neck I had was the second Warmoth I ordered and I really should have sent it back as it was defective from the get-go.

Comment

Working...
                            X