Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gibson Firebird X, Gibson what have you done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone on one of the LP forums posted this link which is an interesting article by Alex Skolnik on the Firebird X:
    http://www.guitarplayer.com/BlogComm...187&blogid=967
    I don't know what Gibson was thinking! If anything, they have the type of fan base that wants to get their Les Pauls back as close to a well worn/played 50's era Les Paul as possible. So what do they do? Try and convince them that was then and this Firebird X monstrosity is the future Pure Gibson marketing genius!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Aside from the ridiculous shape (which is about as close to the Firebird - original or reverse - as it is to the Mona Lisa), and of course the gratuitous quadruple-value pricing, I see nothing wrong with putting a quality effects processor directly in the guitar.

But thanks anyway to the Puritans who think they have the fucking Last Word and know what's best for me and everyone else with stupid fucking comments like "real men just plug n play and don't need computers or effects". Fuck you. Go play what the fuck you want to fucking play and stop trying to sound like you're some great torch-bearer for Real Rock And Roll.
      You idiots always think your way is The One True Path and the Be All, End All and can't pass up an opportunity to browbeat anyone who thinks fucking differently.

Get off the fucking internet and go play your wooden amps with glass tubes and handwired components with only one cable between the head and guitar and one between the head and speakers. You're hogging important bandwidth that belongs strictly to the people that are smarter and better than you.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

"If it ain't a Les Paul plugged straight into a Marshall, it ain't rock and roll!

Now, play Free Bird! AGAIN!"

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          You idiots always think your way is The One True Path and the Be All, End All and can't pass up an opportunity to browbeat anyone who thinks fucking differently.
          black-pot-kettle-obj058.jpg
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm all for innovation but hell it needs to sell to the masses.
            The guitar looks but ugly to start with why not offer the onboard stuff on an explorer or reg firebird.
            That at least would be more well received by the general public.
            The price is way too friggin high to begin with.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I can imagine being at this event was exactly like being at the unveiling of Homer Simpson's car.

Anyway, they tried shit like this years ago with the Les Paul artist. Also, the Line 6 Variax has been doing this for a while too. So fuck off Gibson and dont pretend you've just rewrote the book.
              And fuck off with your silly prices too.
              Last edited by Mazrim; 12-06-2010, 04:52 AM.
              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

What has your cast-iron cookware got to do with it?

Oh, I see your point. Yeah, that new-fangled Teflon garbage is for the birds! Gimme my good-old wood burning stove and a cast-iron skillet!

And play Free Bird again... Again!

Comment

Working...
                X