Anyone play a PRS Custom 24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play a PRS Custom 24?

I am really itching for one because they're sweet, but have yet to play one... the nearest place that has them around here is an hour away. Anyhow, I was wondering about the necks. I know they have wide fat and wide thin. Do any of these necks feel like any Jackson neck (E.G. wide thin is like KV2 except wider; wide fat is like a Kelly, etc)? I know, I need to try it myself, and I will if I decide to pull the trigger... But I am curious now and don't think I will get to that particular store for at least 2 weeks... and I am very impatient.

Thanks.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

I think Hippietim has or had some PRS guitars (the Al Dimeola signature model iirc) so hopefully he chimes in. My local dealer has a couple in their glass case, sealed off from the 14 year old hands, but they don't do enough for me to get the guys to take them out for a test spin. I do generally like the PRS tone though. Well, Opeth anyways hehe.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Mine's Wide Fat and it's pretty chunky. I'd say a little bit thicker than the Soloist neck... a bit like a wider gibby explorer. It's a nice neck.

I would try it out because to me PRS necks (on the customs) feel unique, and I think most people consider them to be an acquired taste.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

Ive played a few ce22s and 24s, all but one had the wide/thin.. The wide/fat remided me of the baseball bats they used to put on kramers in the 80s. Like grim said, an acquired taste, but the wide/thin was a nice neck.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

The neck on my Custom-22 is fairly chunky, but -to be honest- I've got other guitars with necks MUCH chunkier than that. My Yamaha AES-620HB is an example- the neck on that thing is humongous compared to my PRS... it's friggin' huge. Thank goodness I've got huge hands or else I'd never be able to play it. LOL

Comment

I've had a few, and they were all very, very nice instruments. A CU24 with the wide thin neck is a great guitar. When I used to play out, I played a PRS because of the versatility. I have found that they sound better with some amps than others, but they are great guitars.
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
            X