NGD Tokai Love Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Tokai Love Rock

I've been watching various Gibson Les Paul auctions for some months now, but they all went too high;
    so I decided to go for a Tokai ! Here she is: 1995 MiJ Love Rock LS-65

I know, its not a "high end"-guitar, but after cleaning, re-stringing and setting the intonation I played her for a while, and she feels good ! Great sustain, super-nice neck-PU tone.
    And I needed a non-floyded guitar anyway, so I'm happy !
    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

looks awesome to me! i like plain top les pauls.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I never played a Tokai but from what I understand they're one of the better MIJ Les Paul clones. I picked up an Edwards and its pretty nice. In fact the fret work on these Japanese Les Pauls I would expect on higher end guitars. They even seem to have good pickups and hardware too. What pickups are in your Tokai?
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

That's a beauty!!!

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
          I never played a Tokai but from what I understand they're one of the better MIJ Les Paul clones. I picked up an Edwards and its pretty nice. In fact the fret work on these Japanese Les Pauls I would expect on higher end guitars. They even seem to have good pickups and hardware too. What pickups are in your Tokai?
          Bridge and tailpiece are Gotoh; pickups don't have any marks or writings on them, but according to the catalog-scans on tokairegistry.com they are PAF-Vintage MK2 !
          What really surprised me, is the overall quality ! With neck/body binding, MOP inlays etc this guitar doesn't look "cheap" at all.
          Well, tonight I'll "really" play her at the rehearsal, - that's the moment of truth ! Playing alone, I'm impressed by the sound of a guitar in a minute,
          but only in combination with drums/bass I will know, if I like her.

Comment

Very nice, plain tops sound the best IMO.
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Tokai makes great guitars. I have a super edition and love it. It's a double fat strat clone. The pickups tha are in mine were made by Gotoh and sound pretty good too. I'll probably grab one of the LP clones next year. I just cant justify spending 3k on a LP when the clone are so good.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Looks really nice. I just got an epi les paul standard thats pretty nice. It is sad that it plays better than my gibson les paul classic.

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                  . I just cant justify spending 3k on a LP when the clone are so good.
                  I agree on that. Those Agile 3000M neckthru Clones are so badazz.. i would also be so confident as to say it would hang with LP customs.. Specs are pimp too..

Comment

that is a sweet looking Love Rock bro...congratulations!
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I just sold my edwards LP and it was amazing..I also have a Edwards V and a SG Custom Triple Humbucker. Edwards are cool guitars although the price is slowly rising....I bought my LP for $600 and now they regularly go for over $800.
                      Rich

Comment

DAYUM! I like that one.Good score.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wow, nice grab! I'm a fan of the Tokai/Greco/Edwards/Burny/Orville Les Pauls. Great bang for the buck, even If Orville is Gibson.
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Thanx for your comments...

I'm afraid, I'll have to swap (at least) the neck pickup ! A lot of microphonics !!

Any suggestions ? (I would prefer "chrome covered")
                            I have a DiMarzio Paf PRO lying around, ... and get just a chrome PU cover !?

Comment

Well my friend has put Bare Knuckles in his 2 Love Rocks and they sound amazing. I've always thought these were the best Les Paul copies. He wont use anything else and he could afford more expensive guitars.

He has a Nailbomb (bridge) and Cold Sweat (neck) in one and a calibrated Warpig set in the other by the way.
                              The Nailbomb/Cold Sweat sound slightly better to my ears.

But if you're looking at getting one sweet sounding neck pick up get a chrome covered BKP Cold Sweat.
                              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
                              X