87 L.P. Std

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 L.P. Std

Going to go pick it up tomorrow I am so stoked.
    All original too canister input jack as well haven't seen one of those in a while still in an 80's L.P.
    Arctic white which you don't see very often.That was a paint option for a limited time in some runs.Its turned piss yellow over the years and looks pretty cool.IMO
    Should have either Shaw or Bill Lawrence pick ups can't wait to tear it apart to find out.
    Pics to follow tomorrow should be better pics because finally I have a better cam.
    Fuck its going to be hard to get to sleep tonight!
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

OK here are some pics Very solid guitar no breaks or massive problems at all just needs some TLC.Trapazoids are real nice too.
    Tone is a bit choked and a bit flubby so it needs a pot upgrade kit from rsguitarworks.Not a problem.Needs one gold tuner and I have an old one that will work fine.
    Yellowed real nicely and the hardware is showing normal wear which again is fine with me.

Last edited by straycat; 09-16-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Time to rip it apart and do some cleaning, see what pick ups are in there and check out the electronics.
      Plays great but needs some tweaking.

Comment

Looks great. Aged white with cream and gold hardware give it a very elegant look.

Comment

sexy ass guitar id hit it

Comment

Nice white LP. Dig it. Love to see it with some double creams.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Real nice, I would prob try some black plastic on it like a Custom but looks great either way, nice score.
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Neck pick up just has the patent number so not sure what it is 7.6k.Bridge pick up is a printed circuit type(12.11k) says The original Gibson US and has HB-L so its a Bill Lawrence design.Those were made by Schaller back then.
                The thing that really threw me off its got the long neck tenon I thought they quit doing those in the 60's.My 83 studio has a short tenon.I have seen medium as well.
                Going to put the rs kit in tomorrow that will help fix the muddy problem this one has.The pots read 300k vol and 100k tones so I know that's what the reason why.

Comment

Very nice!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks every one oh you too Toe.

Comment

Lol :d
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Fuck Toejam! The pickguard is the only thing bugging me visually on that one. My brain expects it to be black. The creme plastic makes it look all Johnny Winter creepy albino looking.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah its different I'll give ya that Hellbat.Its growing on me tho if it was alpine white like it was when it was new it would freak me out too. I can deal with the piss yellow much better.
                          Last edited by straycat; 09-17-2010, 12:28 AM.

Comment

thats really nice. wish they did a white one now.
                            no sig.....

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                              Neck pick up just has the patent number so not sure what it is 7.6k.Bridge pick up is a printed circuit type(12.11k) says The original Gibson US and has HB-L so its a Bill Lawrence design.Those were made by Schaller back then.
                              The thing that really threw me off its got the long neck tenon I thought they quit doing those in the 60's.My 83 studio has a short tenon.I have seen medium as well.
                              Going to put the rs kit in tomorrow that will help fix the muddy problem this one has.The pots read 300k vol and 100k tones so I know that's what the reason why.
                              Those "Gibson Original" pickups were never very popular from the reviews of people on the LPF, but it could be the pots. I just wouldn't hold my breath, but then again, I've never heard them myself. It would be funny if it were the pots all this time.

1987 is the year of transition from Norlin to Henry. Not sure what to make of that...

I'd love to see a shot of that pickup neck cavity and the tenon.

Comment

Working...
                              X