the mike learn hamer diablo!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the mike learn hamer diablo!!!!!

first off, i decided to start a new thread so the pics will be here, at the top, instead of farther off in an older thread. second, mike said i woudn't believe it when i got this body back. he was right. it is NOTHING like i sent him. this guitar went from being a "throw some beer on it while jamming in a seedy bar" to being a museum show piece. of course, i am going to be gigging with it on some upcoming dates my band will be peforming....

okay, here are the details:

usa hamer diablo
    alder body, maple neck, 24 fret rosewood board, 24 3/4 scale (i think), schaller floyd...
    seymour duncan pickups: custom/custom and a jazz, pickup rings added because previous owner was a douche and forced those horrible SD livewires into the body by gouging out the cavities. extra hole drilled for a tone knob by aforementioned douche...

now for the pics....

yes, the guitar is on the ground, but as you can see, i laid a file folder under it to keep it safe. next pic.....

this fucker is flawless. mike learn is a true artist. any "blemishes" you see are not injuries to the paint...there are some dog hairs and dust - taking pictures outside can be rough

next pic:

the body is black with lilac pearl. when the light hits it a certain way the purple shows, like in the above pic.

well, i am amazed at how killer this hamer looks now!!!! thanks again, mike. i am hoping to send some more stuff your way.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Really nice work on that paint! Just freaken beautiful. How does the Diablo play? I don't think I've ever tried one.

Comment

Damn you for posting this while I'm at work where the photos are blocked!
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
        Really nice work on that paint! Just freaken beautiful. How does the Diablo play? I don't think I've ever tried one.
        it plays like a really good cross between a fender strat and an ibanez with an original wizard neck. it is hard to describe. it has that "vintage-modern" thing that hamer is known for, while still be a shred guitar.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Comment

Are these worth very much?

My GC has one but it's beat to shit.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              Are these worth very much?

My GC has one but it's beat to shit.
              According to vintage guitar price guide 525-625. But don't put much stock into that. It also says kv2's are worth 600. Lol

Comment

Beautiful job. Love it.
                Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

That sure looks great all together. What a beauty. They look so much better assembled. Thanks so much for the business!!! It was great working with you on the project Mark.
                  Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                  http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Nice job! Love those Learn Flames over the black/lilac pearl - sick.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Very cool! The black with lilac pearl is a great touch. Well done.

Comment

thanks everyone!!!! the lilac pearl was mike's idea and i really think it is an awesome touch. the funny thing about this project wat that i had no real idea what i wanted. i had some color ideas, and that was about it. it was a real colaboration. mike suggested a couple of things he thought would be great and i was like, "go for it!"
                        GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                          According to vintage guitar price guide 525-625. But don't put much stock into that. It also says kv2's are worth 600. Lol
                          Thanks. They are asking $499, and it's really knocked around / dented / banged up. I'll pass.

Comment

awesome paint...that's a nice looking fiddle..enjoy
                            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

The blue flame is one of my favorite paintjobs from Mike....what an amazing job. I've have that very combination in my head for a Warrior Pro project for a while. Looks amazing!
                              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                              RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                              X