Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

check out this KILLER mike learn re-fin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out this KILLER mike learn re-fin....

i wish i had taken pictures of the shit condition this thing was in when i sent it off to mike learn. it is a USA hamer diablo that has been mangled by its previous owner. this poor baby was spray painted, had the pickup routes gouged out to fit active pickups, and extra hole drilled for another knob.....it was painful. in fact when i got, i never even played it. i just disassembled it and began debating what i was going to do to make it the awesome guitar it could be....

i thought of having a new body built, but then realized i'd still need to get it painted, unless i kept it raw wood - which i did contemplate. well, after inquiring with mike about his flame special, i decided that would be the way to go.

i do not have in my hands yet, but i am SOOOO excited that i figured i'd share the sneak preview with you all.....

the body was painted black with a lilac pearl, and the flames are blue with some candy purple in there as well.

it wil have black harware and SD pickups. the neck is rosewood with a reverse headstock.

once i get the body and have the guitar reassembled i will post more pictures.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Looks awesome man, congrats!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

WOW! Mike can pull these off like no other.
      Very nice.

Comment

Looks great so far can't wait to see it all back together.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Killer! Can't wait to see pics of it assembled.

Comment

Put it together! DOITDOITNOW

Comment

Man, that guy is talented! Nice job so far!
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Cool flames...

Comment

damn that is sweet, the color scheme is fucking awesome.

Comment

That's an awesome looking flame.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

I'm a big fan of true flames.

Comment

Thanks Mark,
                        It looks miles better than when it came here. HEHEHEHEHHE. It had 2 botched paint jobs on it. I should have saved a pic of the guitar after it was stripped, it would have been the poster child for not stripping your guitar with a grinder.
                        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

But stripping can take over an hour. Angle grinder only takes 2 minutes hehe.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

man, i can't wait for it to get here!!!! all the parts are lined up and ready to be installed....

mike, it would have been cool to see how MUCH of a beater this thing really was!!!! like i said, i got it on a trade and took it a part right away because it LOOKED like a junker....

thanks again!!! don't worry, brethren, MANY pics will be posted once this sucker gets reassembled!!!
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It's a real Blue Flamer!

(Point Break reference)
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X