I met one of Ran Guitars builder today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I met one of Ran Guitars builder today

Well I was flipping thru Craigslist in NJ today and found a killer deal on a Gibson Explorer. I called up the seller and we met in Sussex, NJ. The deal went great and was really uneventful when he said he was also a builder and said if I wanted to see some of his work. I said yes, and he pulled out what looked like a Rand guitar. It was neck thru with 27 frets, ebony board, Kramer pointy headstock with a multicolor paintjob. I told him that it was really cool and it looked just like a Rand. He then said that he worked with Rand when they were building neck thru's and the majority of the Ran guitars were painted in NJ. The guitar felt and played very nice. The guy's name is Jeff Koenig and he says that he does tons of custom work. The guitar that he painted was to be for Vivian Campbell.

Anyway, it's cool to meet someone who had a hand in such a cool line of guitars such as Rand. I may have to get something built by him. Anyway, I didn't get any actual pictures of the guitar, here is what he showed me off his website. I thought it was a cool story to share.

Last edited by lhrocker; 08-11-2010, 08:18 PM.

Sure looks like a RAND

not Ran

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I guess the "D" is silent.
      Very cool story.
      I'd love to take a Rand for at least a test drive sometime.

Comment

very kool found his website

http://koenigguitars.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Sure looks like a RAND

not Ran

I dunno man, Ran does copy anything you want...

Comment

They look exactly like Rand guitars. And for the money they're charging I'd go for a Caparison TAT special OR get an Ormsby multiscale custom.

Comment

Working...
            X