Info on Performance Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Performance Guitars

I've been reading Demartini interviews and he seems to like 'em. Are they pretty much just small builder Charvel clones? How are the necks on them? Has anyone played them?

I had a 'kit' Performance guitar from back in the day - the neck was pretty thin and the radius was very flat, but I'm guessing that's what the original customer specified. Vai used to play them, as did lots of other guys, so there must have been something going on.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I think they were tied in to ESP in some way.Or Ibanez maybe.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I just got one, 1986 model, it's pretty nice..

Comment

They had a booth at NAMM last year, and they looked independent, but it's now owned by a Japanese firm...had all the DeMartini graphic San Dimas strat shapes, dunno what the story is as no one in the booth really spoke any English!
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
            They had a booth at NAMM last year, and they looked independent, but it's now owned by a Japanese firm...had all the DeMartini graphic San Dimas strat shapes, dunno what the story is as no one in the booth really spoke any English!
            As long as I have know about Performance they have been Japanese owned, look at their website.

Comment

Yeah. Performance Guitar was traditionally owned by a couple of Japanese guys who did a lot of the work there. They were really good too- a lot of they did was parts and one-off custom things like sculpted designs into guitar bodies and stuff.

I checked the place out way back when I was in high school- they were located on Yucca Avenue in Hollywood (they've since moved) in a small shop next to an Army Recruiter. They had a Super-Strat body with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cut into it that I thought was bad ass. They wanted something like $500 for it though so I passed on it- didn't have anywhere near that amount.

Comment

This is the one I just got:

Comment

Never mind the guitar ... Just look at that Rack system!!!

Congrats on your new purchase
                  www.vendetta-theband.com
                  www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
                    Never mind the guitar ... Just look at that Rack system!!!

Congrats on your new purchase
                    Thanks Man. The rack sounds pretty killer altough I have some noise in one channel of my poweramp - I need to get into that soon. The guitar really kicks ass.

Comment

Heres a few Ikebe has

Remember this Hideous thing..

Comment

Working...
                      X