NGD - BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Here is a new to me BC Rich Mockingbird ST in Honeyburst. It's a really guitar for an import and it plays and sounds great. What is nice about this one, as compared to the last Mockingbird I owned, is the neck dive is actually minimal. If you let go of the neck, the neck will fall parallel to the floor, which isn't too bad. So with a non nylon strap, the guitar stays in place very nicely.

I set the guitar up for .010's and she is good to go. So, here are a few pictures...

Cool! :headbang:

What do the switches do? Active circuit or just phase/coil cuts?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Totally passive, although I haven't opened up the back to see the 5 way toggle. Coil taps per pickup and phase switch, plus the chicken head (sounds like different caps changing the overall tone).

Comment

the 3 mini are phase switches, one for each pickup and one puts the pickups out of phase with each other. the chicken head knob is a varitone like on some gibson ES-xxx's. some of the import mockingbird balance better because they made the bodies a little bit thicker, so more weight. USA mockingbirds usually balance horribly.

Comment

Thanx for the Info J.

Just found this too:

Last edited by lhrocker; 05-26-2010, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Ooh, pretty! I want!
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Nice score. I have trans red version http://www.shawnlutz.com/Mockingbird%20ST.htm with some hardware/electronics changes. I deactivated the space shttle controls lol. They are pretty well built guitars imho, I have a SpecialX too. Nice bang for the buck for a neck thru.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                Nice score. I have trans red version http://www.shawnlutz.com/Mockingbird%20ST.htm with some hardware/electronics changes. I deactivated the space shttle controls lol. They are pretty well built guitars imho, I have a SpecialX too. Nice bang for the buck for a neck thru.
                Great mods on that Mock - the gold goes very well with the red!!!

Comment

They are nice I agree.
                  Saw a perfect 10 this week end and it played great and the price was right.$550.00.
                  May pick it up just not sure I want a 10 string.
                  Too much cool vintage stuff out there real cheap right now so its hard to spend for a new guitar.
                  Looks nice Shawn I like that one.
                  Last edited by straycat; 05-31-2010, 01:32 AM.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a 70's Mockingbird and have Never had a balance problem.

Comment

Saw one today and played it, pretty sweet and priced nicely too $569.00.
                      A lot of guitar for the money IMO.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice...I've been GAS-ing for a mockingbird recently...just not in a position to swing anything right now. I've noticed some are made in Korea and some in China. Anyone able to attest to the quality of the Chinese built ones?

Comment

Congrats on your purchase!

I have one and it does just nicely with minimal mods......I found that the rockfield fat ass to be better for the bridge position.I also replaced all of the pots and switches to a higher pro quality because I'm and old picky sob.

the build quality is great and among imports,very good!.the fretwork can be lowered to a string height of .060" at the 24th fret with no buzzes and the neck set straight with almost no relief.

the finish is unfortunately very thick but the pick ups are very responsive to aid in signal.

enjoy!

Comment

Those are really nice. I was playing one in GC a week ago.
                            2011 USA Jackson Soloist
                            2007 USA Jackson Soloist
                            2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
                            2009 Edwards ECY 165
                            2009 Schecter Hellraiser
                            2006 USA BC Rich Wave
                            2012 Gibson LP Trad
                            1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment

Working...
                            X